Lump

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by NicNak1, Jul 11, 2013.

1. NicNak1

NicNak1 Well-Known Member

I have a lump on my thigh. The skin around it is abit red, the lump itself looks like its in a vein because its blue/green colour about the size of a pea. Im going to go to the docs tomorrow but wondered if anyone has experienced this before? Could it be DVT? Do you know if DVT is serious, especially in pregnancy? Thanks xx

2. L2310

L2310 Well-Known Member

Just replied to your text hun, what is dvt?! Xxx

3. NicNak1

Thanks hun, Deep vein thrombosis (not sure if thats how you spell it) i think DVT is like a blood clot. Xxx

4. L2310

L2310 Well-Known Member

Oh right haha! I'm sure it won't be that, sure its mainly common in older people and those who have it in the family? Maybe someone else will know better though! Xxx

5. MrsE

MrsE Well-Known Member

It might be varicose veins. I have them on my left leg and sound like yours. Your doctor will probably prescribe support tights. Mine are really uncomfortable now :( have to keep my legs elevated as much as possible. They're not considered bad as such and are meant to go after the baby has come. If they don't go you can have them surgically removed. I have to wear leggings to cover them. They're awful. My job means I'm usually stood up all day (reception teacher) so when I get home I can barely walk!

Hope this helps xx

6. Mrs CW

Mrs CW Well-Known Member

A DVT is serious, it's a blood clot in the deep veins in the leg. You tend to have swelling in the leg and pain. Could it be a varicose vein? I hope the GP can give you some answers x

7. NicNak1

Thanks for the replies ladies. Ah i never thought of varicose veins. Sill question but what are varicose veins? Lol. The lump hurts but only when its being touched. Xx