Lucozade in early pregnancy???

Balthazar1275

Reaction score
But of a silly question but is it ok to drink lucozade in early pregnancy?
I have been feeling really rough lately and gone off food completely so though maybe having little sips of lucozade would help perk me up.
I have only been managing water and fruit juices but wanted something different. Everything else food and drink wise just turns my stomach and makes me gag so not sure what's the best thing to try.

Michelle x

tri hopping!
lucozade should be fine, i lived off dr pepper during my first trimester!! :) xxx

They say not to but if we listened to all the things we are told not to do then we would all go mad! I love orange lucozade and have a bottle a day so go for it x

Thanks for the reply great to know. I know it's high in sugar but everything is fine in moderation right. Never been a fan of Dr Pepper i would rather have Irn Bru hahaha!!!

Michelle x

Last edited:
I had to drink Lucozade from time to time, as long as your not soley relying on it then it should be absolutely fine. I've not been eating much atall during first trimester but I can't complain too much because I'm managing to keep most stuff down! good luck, hope you feel better soon x

I live off Lucozade! Especially the orange one. I had my scan yesterday and bub is fine! Jumping about and little heart beating.

You'll be fine! Xxx

Thanks ladies, don't know what I would do without your help and advice

Michelle x

In my first tri my doctor told me to try drinking lucozade sport as I couldn't eat anything at all really struggled with sickness x

If it makes you feel well enough to eat a little and get up and do stuff, it has to be better having a little sugary drink than feeling like crap and starving yourself x

When I was pregnant with my son I lived off Pepsi! And with this pregnancy I have a can of Pepsi a day if I've got any lol. I do need cut down but everything is fine in moderation xx

Michelle I'm with you on the Irn Bru, yum!!

I'm sure the odd Lucozade is fine, ESP if it gives you some energy. I'm really struggling with eating at the minute, everything is turning my stomach. I've had super noodles and a toastie the past 2 nights for dins as its the only thing I can face. Totally not nutritional but I'm really struggling xxx

never tried irn bru lol ! xx

i'm going shopping later!! i will be sure to pick some up :p xx

Let me know what you think. Best served with lots of ice x

Michelle x

I found lemonade helped with my queasiness loads x

OMG
YOU NEED TO HAVE IRN BRU!!
Thats the scottish in me crawling out lol

It's best served super chilled though
Nom nom

I dont have it often now
I used to be addicted