Low sugar breakfast cereals? Ideas please

ceebee

Reaction score
Hi :)

I've been giving Harry, who's nearly 9 months mashed up Weetabix for breakfast as it's low in sugar (only 4.4g per 100g), but I want to give him something different (apart from the usual baby cereals).

I bought some reduced sugar Farleys rusks to mash up in milk funnily enough assuming they would be low in sugar but they're over 20g per 100g in sugar! What does everyone give their babies for breakfast? I need ideas please :) xxxx

Porridge? I give my lo it with fruit mixed into it ie banana, berries, mango etc....anything goes really lol. Or mix yoghurt into it? X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

James hates Weetabix, but still I try with it lol.

I also offer porridge, I also give him a yoghurt and or fruit most days.

Sometimes I vary it with toast and yoghurt, and sometimes he'll have eggy bread and fruit etc...

I really want him to start enjoying his porridge though.... He isn't keen regardless of what I put in it or what I mix it with ...

I just use the oats by the way.

xxxxxx

Last edited:
Yeah, we use oats too. Do u use milk or water? Mabey try the other one and see if that makes a difference?

We tried egg for the first time last week. That was a big hit.

We also have toast, fruit loaf, scotch pancakes altho most of it ends up on the floor after being chewed/sooked to death lol xx

Thanks but I forgot to mention that already give Harry porridge - just normal oats mixed with fruit, which he likes thankfully :) how do you do the eggs claire123 - I'm assuming you're BLW? What does you think about Shreddies they've got about 19g of sugar per 100g which is lower than the reduced sugar farleys rusks! xx

We tried scrambled which she liked and then I gave her a boiled egg mashed up with a bit butter which she loved!

Im doing a mix I suppose....at most meals ill spoon feed her something but she usually has somthing to hold and chew on too like toast or fruit or veggies.
I think shreddies would be ok...Im a great believer in everything in moderation...mabey check out some of the supermarkets own brand cereals, im sure I read somewhere they ofter have less sugar and salt than the well known brands (its possible im making that up :rolleyes: !!) Its not as tho theyr having a big bowl of them every day and to be honest sugar is better for them than the artificial sweetners xxx

Watch out for salt too. If you google low salt and sugar cereals, there is a site that gives you a which report

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

Watch out for salt too. If you google low salt and sugar cereals, there is a site that gives you a which report

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

Would never of thought on doing that...thank you! X

Shredded Wheat could be an idea.

xxxx

Just had a looky on that which report...very interesting! Its saying shredded wheat is best overall for fat, salt and sugar xxx

Guess shredded wheat is worth a try :) Will also google low sugar/salt cereals thanks. Might try eggs, but thinking they'll mostly end up on the floor right now... xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back