Low/Dropping HCG...No bleeding. Am i going to lose my baby? :(

Aelyarien

Reaction score
Hello everyone, im Lucy.

Im a lucky lady as i already have healthy children, but was delighted when we found out we were expecting another.

I have never had regular periods ever since they started. I can literally go months without any sign of a MP.

Anyways, so i found out i was pregnant on 26/07/18 i couldnt have been very far along AT ALL. did 5 HPT all +. I also did clear blue digitals and the first came back 1-2, the next 3+.

So for the next few weeks i plodded along happy that im going to be having another baby.

I called out of hours on 17/08/18 - due to having a few sharp pains in my back and also what to me DEFO was spotting (the lightest pink you could ever see and just tiny dots of it on a sheet of toilet paper which happened 3 times over 2 days, there was no red blood no heaving bleeding whatso ever and no clots!
Out of hours saw me and advised me to call my doctor on Monday which i did!

My doctor arranged an urgent appointment at my local hospital where they did an internal scan, they said it was a PUL. Possibly because i was going to miscarry, have an eptopic or because it was just too early to see the little bean.

They made me go and get my bloods taken straight away, which i did and they called that evening and said to me my levels were low - 265 and i was going to have a miscarriage. ANd that i had to have bloods redone in 2 days.

Today is that 2 days later, and my levels have dropped to 180. I worked out i shouldnt really be any more than 3/4 weeks pregnant.

I have read stories of peoples HCG dropping and still having healthy babies that have just been to early to see on internal scans. Can anyone give me any hope at all??? Or am i going to miscarry, i have no pain at the moment and no sign of bleeding at all!

Feel at a loss, i dont want to lose my bean :'(

Sorry you are going through this, early pregnancy is so worrying :-(

According to clearblues website your hcg needs to be over 2700 to get a 3+ on the digital tests, so at one point it must have been over 2700 and it’s now gone to 180 so it does sound like your levels are dropping Hun, which usually isn’t a good sign :-( you may just have to wait and see what happens next, hoping it all works out for you xx

Sorry you are going through this, early pregnancy is so worrying :-(

According to clearblues website your hcg needs to be over 2700 to get a 3+ on the digital tests, so at one point it must have been over 2700 and it’s now gone to 180 so it does sound like your levels are dropping Hun, which usually isn’t a good sign :-( you may just have to wait and see what happens next, hoping it all works out for you xx

Hey hun, your right early pregnancy is soo worrying!!
I just feel my world has come crashing down a little, and the doctor at the hospital seemed so abrupt about my results kinda with that attitude where she couldnt have cared less. So i was a bit taken aback. Shes told me to wait 3 weeks and then do another HPT. If + i have to then go for more tests etc... but she said shes pretty sure it wont be.

I have read quite a few posts though about peoples HCG dropping (some lower than mine) and still having a viable pregnancy against the odds. And also some posts about people getting all sorts of different results on the Clear Blue Digital tests (1 woman was 13w5d confirmed and clear blue had been giving her all different readings from around 4w+ ....

I might just be trying to cling onto some form of hope maybe i dont know :/ ...

Can you tell me where abouts on the CB website you found that? I would love to take a look as ive tried to find that infomation for a few days now! xx

Well many people do say the clearblue digital weeks indicator thing is not very reliable- I googled ‘clearblue weeks indicator hcg levels’ and what looks like a leaflet come up, I clicked on that, it is an official clearblue thing, I screenshot the bit which says about the levels but I always struggle posting a pic on here but it says 1-2 is 10-152, 2-3 is 153 - 2752, and 3+ is 2753 onwards

You are absolutely right there probably are stories of people having successfully pregnancies against the odds with hcg dropping but I would say in the large majority of cases it’s not good, how many weeks did you think you should have been when you had your scan? Xx

Yeah, you are right. Im most likely clutching at straws hun.

I should have been somewhere around the 4 weeks mark, they didnt think they would see anything anyways because of how many weeks i thought i was. But they wanted to do it anyways incase i was wrong and also so they could check my ovaries for cysts etc.. xx

If I’m being totally honest, I suspect it’ll be bad news. I know when it was me, I didn’t want to be given any false hope so I’d rather have just heard it how it is.

Have they said they’re going to do any more blood tests? Or are they waiting to see what happens with your urine pregnancy test?

So sorry you’re going through this stress. Look after yourself

If I’m being totally honest, I suspect it’ll be bad news. I know when it was me, I didn’t want to be given any false hope so I’d rather have just heard it how it is.

Have they said they’re going to do any more blood tests? Or are they waiting to see what happens with your urine pregnancy test?

So sorry you’re going through this stress. Look after yourself

Yeah, i think its just something ill have to come to terms with. I think right now im still at the stage where i dont want to give up that little bit of hope! Seeing as its all so new if that makes sense, i only got told my levels had dropped this morning.

But yeah, thank you for saying it how you believe it is. And for your honesty hun.

There going to wait and see if i have any bleeding at all, and what the result of a UPT will be in 3 weeks time.

xxx

I know how you feel, unfortunately for me I started to bleed and I am still at present. It is hard, doesn't matter how many weeks you are pregnant, it is horribly hard. I am sorry to say that what you are writing isn't a good sign and I would suggest to you to prepare yourself for the worse. A big :hug: darling and sorry if I am so "real" but I think is better not to feed hope and say the thing as they are. We are all here to support you if you need x

Sorry to put it bluntly, but I wouldn't want false hope here! There's really no chance it's a viable pregnancy if your HCG is dropping so much. I'm so sorry you're going through this, a loss is a loss no matter how early, so don't feel like you shouldn't be upset. Look after yourself. There's lots of support for you around here x

Last edited:
Thanks lovelies.
If it is the case then i just hope the bleeding comes soon as the waiting is awful. I just want it to be over with :( ..

You are all so kind, and i appreciate the honesty. xxx

I have high hopes for you. Just don’t panic. Everything will be alright. Don’t be negative. Otherwise, you won’t have a baby. It’s better if you consult your doctor. I hope he will share the pros and cons with you. My prayers are with you.

I am sorry to know you are going through hard times. Your levels are dropping and it is really not a good sign. I hope we proved wrong and things work well for you. I had gone through the same situation but I didn't get success. Now am going to visit my clinic for my checkup. They are going to arrange any seminar too. This is really great to help and educate others through these gatherings.

I had a situation similar to yours in my first pregnancy. It wasn’t good news unfortunately, and a drop in hcg on blood tests normally signifies that things aren’t going so well. I hope that by some stroke of luck this is not the case for you x

I have high hopes for you. Just don’t panic. Everything will be alright. Don’t be negative. Otherwise, you won’t have a baby. It’s better if you consult your doctor. I hope he will share the pros and cons with you. My prayers are with you.

Thanks Hun! I have been to see the doctor and he told me right now it’s a waiting game and to see what happens!
But I appreciate people’s advise and thoughts. It means a lot to me! Xxx

I am sorry to know you are going through hard times. Your levels are dropping and it is really not a good sign. I hope we proved wrong and things work well for you. I had gone through the same situation but I didn't get success. Now am going to visit my clinic for my checkup. They are going to arrange any seminar too. This is really great to help and educate others through these gatherings.

I’m sorry you went through this too Hun! It’s horrible... especially the waiting part.
How are you doing now?
I just want to know when I’m going to have bleeding? Because all the doctors have said I should hve had bleeding by now or it should happen anytime but there’s no sign :/ ...

Xxx

I had a situation similar to yours in my first pregnancy. It wasn’t good news unfortunately, and a drop in hcg on blood tests normally signifies that things aren’t going so well. I hope that by some stroke of luck this is not the case for you x

I’m sorry you did, it’s realky not a nice thing to go through :(..
as I’ve said above, it’s the waiting part that’s killing me.. and the not knowing.
I haven’t bled, and have no sign of bleeding. The doctors have said I should have bled by now and I haven’t.
Did you bleed? If you don’t mind me asking, and when did yours start? Xxx

Im sorry you went through this too hun!
How are you doing now? .. Im struggling alot with the waiting, its killing me not knowing either way.

The thing is, the doctors at my local surgery and also at the hospital cant understand why i havent had any bleeding as the said i really should have bled by now. They said they didnt think it was ectopic. So i suppose thats the only thing leaving me with a tiny bit of hope.
When did you bleed if you dont mind me asking?

Xxx

SOrry i posted twice it didnt show that i posted the first one!

Last edited:
Yes I did bleed and that’s what caused them to run the blood tests, I think I was around 7 weeks x

Sometimes bleeding can take a while. I didn’t miscarry until 12 weeks despite the fact my baby died at 5 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back