Love my Mum!

orangefluff

Reaction score
She's great, she's sooo excited about becoming a Nanny and she spent a couple of days with me this weekend and spent a fortune on gorgeous baby things including a beautiful moses basket and stand.
I kept saying she's going to have run out of money by the time baby gets here!
I wish she lived closer (lives 3 hours away), bless her, and she was so good this weekend when I've had to cry on her shoulder about OH.

:love:

Ps I will make sure i tell her all this and not just write it on here!

Awww. My mum and MIL live 4 hours away so we've planned a shopping trip on Aug Bank Hol. It's going to be hard when the baby comes that they are far away but we've got the webcams at the ready!

Awww. My mum and MIL live 4 hours away so we've planned a shopping trip on Aug Bank Hol. It's going to be hard when the baby comes that they are far away but we've got the webcams at the ready!

Yeah, I need to get my mum to get a laptop, she's a complete technophobe and always thinks shes going to bring down the whole of the internet or something if she presses the wrong button :lol:

Nice to be going with your MIL as well, so far mine is the complete opposite to my mum, she doesnt seem bothered about baby at all.

Aw bless! Mums are daft about their daughters having babies aren't they?

Me mum is fab too! She came over to clean my house a few times when I was to sick to do it myself and gettig depressed about everything (had a bit of a rough time with OH not pulling his weight and being a tosser sometimes)
She started buying stuff for Lil Dixie when I was abt 10 weeks gone - even though I had already said I wouldn't buy stuff till much later on! She's going to get the cot for me - yay! She was shocked when I told her how much stuff costs these days - a lot more expensive than in her time! :-/

I love how excited mums get!! My mum saved up and bought me a pram which meant so much cos she doesn't work! So I spose technically my dad bought it :lol: she bought me some lovely clothes too! She's a proper doting grandma now!

My mum is also exited about being a nanny. The only sad thing is that she has terminal cancer and we're not sure if she'll even make it to December when Lilly is due. She has been going for about 18 months so far when they originally said she would only live 6 months at the most which is a good sign.

She really wants to come shopping but has to see how sick her next round of chemo makes her. :( She has already managed to spen £80 on toiletries for Lil already though. :)

xx

Aww hun what a lovely post!!! Mums get so excited, its just such a bonding experience, LOVE IT!! I live with my MIL ...but mum isnt too far am guna start to spend more time with her :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back