Lost baby and horrendous time in a&e for medial misscarrage. pls read.

Oh I'm sorry for your loss Girly girl - Thank you for posting this warning about heavy blood loss it's soo dangerous. I posted my story too last march to warn ladies to be careful

I too had the same probs as you did after my Missed MC lost at 11 plus 5, but baby was only 9 weeks. I was booked in for D&C for a few days time, then at 12 midnight night before - started MC naturally, bled for 4 hours like a tap, blocked toilet, laid in the bath naked filling it up in the end waiting for hubby to come home from night work to unbung loo for me! Was throwing up bigtime and laying on landing as faint. Called my mum over to take me to A&E and soaked her car seat through 3 towels, got wheeled in as having big cramps and still with my sick tub on lap!! And they gave me loads of fluids as all veins collapsed and 2 blood transfusions to pick me up and then had D&C at 7am in end came out the following evening.

If you can't keep a pad on for a minute (mine was 20 secs soaked) and it is not changing in 30 mins , I would go to A&E, in hindsight I was a donkey to wait 4 hours, but thought that was normal loss, and was on nil by mouth fluids for my D&C in the morning at diff hosp).

Hope your resting and getting lots of iron as you will be right washed out for about 2 weeks, but it will get better - sending you a hug after what is a very scary time X

Its strange as you think its normal at the time. Looking back now i think omg!! i was fine about the m/c but what i had to go through, like yourself, was horrible.
How long did you bleed for after? Mine is hardly there now, this all started thurs for me.
Sounds like your blood loss was alot worse than mine. The staff need to be more educated on this in a&e, as im sure they deal with so much, but they were useless.
All happens for a reason though. xx

Bleeding length was brill after the D&C , just light bleed like light period , I think about 6/7 days , hope yours is too , you sound like your being really positive about this all - well done you X

I think mines just the remainder now. lol.
Thx, Im a fairly strong person id like to think,feel lucky i have 2 kiddies already. I see it as a tadpole as was so so early stages and must have been something wrong with the fetus. If it was my 1st baby then id feel alot different i think.
A best mate lost one at 19wks and had to give birth to her son, so going through that and having nothing at the end is awefull. She had a 1 in 4 risk of it happenning again but is preg again, but with a healthy daughter already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back