Loss Of Appetite

Riot_Grrrl

Reaction score
hiya, just thought i'd ask is there anybody else out there who's suffering loss of appetite? i'm 6ft and a growing girl :wink: , who usually loves to eat :) but for the past 10 weeks i havn't been eating properly, even had a few fainting episodes. i know i HAVE to eat but i seem to be forgetting..i lost 6lb in 2 weeks...now i'm tall and broad so 6lb to me is not noticable, but latley i've been experiencing pins and needles in my hands,(does this have anything to do with it) my OH wants to but me a chinese tonight and i said no :shock: thats unheard of for me. i only drink water no caffeine of fizzy pop or squash, so it's not that i'm filling up on that. i don't feel sick or anything, does anyone have any reasons why i could be feeling like this...my heart is telling me to eat sweet and sour chicken balls tonight but my head is saying NO NO NO

Hiya

Pins and needles are common in pregnancy and I'd not think related to your lack of appetite. I suffered from them since about 20 weeks and still get them now :roll:

I'd try to make an effort to remember to eat. Losing weight is not advised in pregnancy (if overweight already and wanting to maintain it, but not lose it or gain it during pregnancy is supported so long as your MW is aware and its well maintained)

Try to find things that are appealing to you, snack on fruit and veggies if you can and try to eat 3 meals a day. You have you and a baby to support in there and they will drain your body for what they need and not leave you much at all.

Fainting is not good and you are obviously lacking something in your diet etc to cause it. You need to be making sure you are keeping as well as you can and a good way to do that is eating as well as possible for both you and baby. If you continue to lose weight in the next week or so I'd discuss it ASAP with your MW and see what she advises.

I only suffered with loss of appetite when I was in first tri and when I had the flu at the end of first tri.

Now I'm the opposite and am hungry all the time.

Can't really add anything to what's already been said.

Ask the midwife to check your blood pressure too in case it's low which might contribute to the fainting episodes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back