Loss of 1 twin at 20+1 week scan

DanniiM85

Reaction score
Hello all,
I am 20+3 days pregnant and was carrying fraternal twins up until my scan on Wednesday where I was 20+1.
As soon as the scan came up on the screen I was aware that baby didn't look right, was hunched over with knees up to head and measuring at 17weeks.
Sonographer confirmed no heart beat.
Clearly my partner and I are devastated.
The surviving twin is measuring to date and is a boy and appearing healthy.
I am finding it incredibly difficult to come to terms with the loss and shake the feeling that I will lose our little boy too.
I have felt minimal movement throughout, maybe the occasional poke which feels like a gas bubble.
Has anyone else gone through the same and what was your care from this point onwards?
My next scan is in a few weeks time and I need some positivity to see me through!
Thank you for reading.
Dannii

I have no experience and can only imagine how you are feeling.
I’m sending hugs and best wishes your way. Try stay strong for your baby boy xx

Sorry to hear you need ro go through this . As nothing can be worse. We lost our identical twin girl after laser treatment ,arround 20 weeks as well and similar she was mesuring about 17 een. I am now 27 +4 . It is still very hard , i am just trying not to think about it too much as it upsets me . And now she is moving more so thst calmed me down a lot ,but whenever she is quiet i panic , as we have other complications. From a start i was counting days down to 26 weeks mark ,after that it got a bit easier as you know your baby have better chances of surviving. There is facebook groups for support that really helped me a lot,as people there have been through the same things. Even tho it is heartbreaking i am trying to enjoy my pregnancy as much as i can and praying my baby girl will be fine . Fingers crossed for you xxx

No experience but can say I'm thinking of you xx very sad try stay positive for your beautiful boy xxx

I also lost one of my twins but much earlier. I found out at my 13 week scan that it had died at 8 weeks. I found it so difficult at first to enjoy my pregnancy. I still have days now when it upsets me especially seeing posts of twins that have just been born, I'm 23 weeks now. In my mind I was prepared for 2 babies and even though I have a healthy baby to look forward to it still makes me feel sad. Now my baby is moving around more and im getting proper good kicks.I still worry that something might go wrong and I don't think this feeling will go away until he's been born. I know they say you shouldn't but I brought myself a doppler as I was so scared when I didn't feel much movement, this gave me a lot of reassurance. Now I can feel him moving all the time so I use it less. I just loved hearing his heartbeat and it was really comforting for me. I don't think I will ever get over losing the baby but I'm trying to focus on my healthy boy and putting all my love and attention into him xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back