losing too much weight since giving birth

annem

Reaction score
i was so happy when i gave birth as i was straight back into my jeans. However the weight lose has never stopped and everyone keeps commenting on it which is p*ssing me off as i'm not trying to lose weight. I know my healthy weight and i've dropped way below it.

I'm eating more than i did before i fell preg and prob the same as when i was preg. Has anyone else had this problem? is it just the extra excercise of carrying her around! I physically can not eat any more than i do.

i have this problem. partly down to stress too though.

i eat healthly, i have never been one to eat big portions. i eat small and often. i am ALWAYS running about, Ami weighs a ton and i have to cart her, her oxygen, her feed and the bloody carseat everywhere!

i think i burn every calorie i eat. i am 8 stone now and preferred being 9 stone as im 5'7" and look like a skellibob. i am aneamic as well though and unfortunately went off all meat when i was preggers and never went back on it again. i take an iron suppliment, the docs thinks thats why im having so much trouble gaining. that and the stress of my life! (i also started smoking again which doesnt help :roll: )

try not to worry too much about it. ive always struggled to keep my weight up, its a nightmare and makes me feel really self conscious but as long as you are eating well thats all that matters.xx :hug:

get a blood test at the docs as for some women, post pregnancy causes hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid) which can go on its own but if not and its left untreated develops into hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid) which will not go on its own and will hav to be on medication for it for ever
(cant remember where i read this else i'd post the link for reference)

rule that out then if ur still losing and are not happy get referred to a nutritionist by ur doc. :hug: :hug: :hug:

annem said:
i was so happy when i gave birth as i was straight back into my jeans. However the weight lose has never stopped and everyone keeps commenting on it which is p*ssing me off as i'm not trying to lose weight. I know my healthy weight and i've dropped way below it.

I'm eating more than i did before i fell preg and prob the same as when i was preg. Has anyone else had this problem? is it just the extra excercise of carrying her around! I physically can not eat any more than i do.

i had this problem with my first and third baby. It was because i was so wrapped up with the first baby and the demands that came with her that i didn't eat enough - plus i breast fed every hour which drained me. Same with my third child

If you want to get fatter get pregnant again. that should fix it :lol:

Seriously - make sure you eat regularly and drink well and try not to do too much artound the house (which we are all guilty of trying to do in the early stages)

if you're breast feeding you're burning something like an extra 500 cals a day

im losing weight too because every time i mean to eat, i get distracted by the baby needing something

just try to eat a bit more than you are but if you're still losing weight see a dr?

thanks every1,
i had to give up BF as one of my implants is now f*cked and am having to have them re-done. Oh well they need a lift now any way!!

maybe its the running about as i'm far more active than normal.

pleased to hear its kinda normal.

Thats interesting trixipaws. Never knew that, would hate a underactive one! The doctor has me in for blood test tues to check my liver as i'm on strong pills so i will mention it then.

thanks xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back