LOP SIDED LILL :) (tias 8 month check-up)

kayzee

Reaction score
Hi ladies :wave:

Today My gorgeous little princess ahd her 8 month check up, and they raised 2 issues of concern (well to them anyway not me).

Shes passed all her milestones with flying colours, shes got 4 teeth, sits and crawls absolutely beautifully, and is now pulling herself to standing :cheer: :cheer:

She even stood for a few seconds on her own after accidentally letting go of the sofa im so proud as shes only 8 months :hug: :hug:

The issues they have raised though is,
1. Because she has an extra crease at the top of one leg it can indicate hip problems so she has to go for a hip scan now :( but the thing is if she had hip problems then she wouldnt be developing as rapidly as she is.

2. Her measurements are all over the place bless her which i dont think is a problem. Her weight is just below the 50th centile 18lb 3oz, her length is on the 91st centile at 72cm, and her wee little head is only 42.5 which is on the 2nd centile.

Why do they make you worry though? :wall: I think shes doing ever so well almost turboing through her milestones and beyond, im as proud as proud can be. :hug: :hug:

How are/were all your little ones at their 8 month check up, just curious to see how others getting on.

Many thanks, kaye and tia :hug: xx

Lennon's 7-9 month check was meant to be tomorrow but i've had to re-arrange as they can't give me an afternoon appointment :roll: and he's 17 lbs 13 oz (lost 2 ozs since last week), he's not sitting fully unaided yet - he can sit for a few seconds then tumbles over to one side. He is shuffling and rocking on his knees but isn't actually crawling yet. I was going out of my mind today when we got him weighed because he lost a bit so god knows what i'll be like then!

christopher has just had his 8mth check and he cant sit for a few secs unadide,stand with support and crawl commando style so he passed all that kind of stuff. the only recall he had was because he wouldnt pincer grip with his left hand :evil: so he "has" to learn that by next month WTF ??????

bloody health visitors drive me nuts and make u worry non stop like mine did with his weight as he is just under 17lbs just under 25th centile with weight yet on height he is on 95 centile :shock:

all i got from HV was- - "ohh well he has lost a bit of weight so i need to watch that "

urrm yes u dumb bitch hes just had 2 ear infections at the same time and lost his appetite for a week so no wounder he has a lost all of 3OZ...god what is it with them....so really do annoy me :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

ive not heard about alices next check (but she is still just of 8 months).

don't worry about them hun, sometimes docs/hv's go ott and refer for anything. better to have someone who double checks, then not worry and potetally miss something (make sense?).

mmm... hip scan- good luck keeping tia still for that. i would dose alice up on calpoland hoe she slept through :lol: :think:

:hug: let us know how it goes huni!

momnat, i have a friend whos LO didn;t sit unaided until they where 10 months. he is just going to be a little sunbather when he grows up :D

i stopped taking hannah for this reason they worried me every time i went an I knew she was ok so i dont take her anymore and havent since she was about 10 months

my mum told me i didn't walk til i was 22 months!! i turned out ok!! :lol: all babies are different and will develop at different times. thank god we are not all the same it would be boring wouldn't it.

nothing to worry about you LO's sound like they are all doing fab. :clap: :clap:

To be honest girls, i'm worrying quite a lot. I feel in a way like i'm pushing him to do things. They mention at the clinic what he should be doing and I feel like it's my fault because he's not doing things. I know that probably doesn't make sense but i've been feeling it for a while - like he doesn't sit up unaided on his own yet, he doesn't crawl yet. I'm just at my wits' end - they make me worry everytime I go

hv's have a wonderful knack of scaring people. :wall:

I bet he is way ahead of other bubs in different areas. Enjoy this stage, before he does start crawling etc... the fun really starts then!

as long as you are giving him plenty of chances to sit and crawl, what else can you do :hug:

hugs to all!! :hug:

hi sam :wave:

The hv has to refer me to gp and he needs to write a referral letter so she reckons about 8 weeks :shock: :evil:

its the nhs so double that! :wall:

just make sure you keep moaning, worked for me :wink: :lol:

:hug:

(momnat - how did Lennons check go?)

It went fine thanks hun :D

Went to the First Parents Group at 1.30PM, had the check-up arranged for today at 10.30AM but I couldn't make it so cancelled it and the health visitor lady who did the group today said that if I hung around at the end that she would do the check for me. She asked me if I had my red book, to which I replied no because Lennon's change bag is so heavy so I took everything out except a few nappies, wipes and toys (I only usually take his red book to the clinic when I get him weighed on a Monday). She said she would have to go and get his records so she went for a bit while I hung around.

The first thing she did was ask me how he's doing on the sitting-up front and I put him in a sitting position and he stayed like that for 10 seconds then collapsed to one side (which he usually does but when he does sit up it's great) then she asked me what he's like standing so I stood him up and his feet were flat and when I hold him up he really tries his best to walk!

Then she got this box full of wooden blocks out and had him 2 (to check his pincer reflex - if that's the word?) and he did it but when she handed him a tiny ball he wasn't impressed and refused to show her his pincer reflex again :lol: sounds like a circus act :lol:

I then showed her how he rocked about on his knees and tries his hardest to crawl. She then measured him and he's 70cm and she took his head circumference too but I can't remember what that was as he wouldn't keep his head still (he rolled off the mat onto the floor and banged his head) :(

I got him weighed yesterday and next Monday when I get him weighed again she is going to put all the measurements, developments etc into his red book

I'm a very proud mummy :D

Me too, thought she was going to worry me to death and say he should be doing this and that :roll:

Hi hun

I wouldnt worry too much what they say they do make you worry every bbay developes at different rates :hug:
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back