Looks like it may never happen

Corrinne37

Reaction score
OH has very low amount of 'normal' sperm ,
approx 15 is apparently normal per sample and he has only 3.

My fertility is on the low side of normal - probably to do with my age they think.

So between us they say we will struggle to get pregnant. There is nothing they can do on NHS as we already have a child.

I said is this the cause of the two MC's - they said no one will ever know that! I could just of been unlucky.

They said I could try Clomid but it probably wont help as I do have regular periods and do ovulate.
I said I wanted to give it a go? Cant help can it? Or are the side effects not worth it?

Feel a bit sad, but blessed I have my son. Feel like I just need to forget about it all now and get on with my life.
This wanting another baby has put my life on hold for the last two years and has caused me much emotional upset.
Just need to forget it all now xxx :wall2:

Last edited:
really sorry hun :hugs: i know there are things he can do to improve sperm quality, suppliments and diet, bet louise B can give you info on this :hugs: xxxx

I'm no expert... but i see that you have a son already and have had 2 MC recently, that tells me that it's not that difficult for you to actually get pregnant. If i were you i would continue in what you were doing and you just never know, you may get another BFP. It took me 3 years to get where i am now and my other half las a low count also so please don't give up xx

Oh hugs Corrine

The Clomid side effects are not bad , i'm troddling along great on it now, no BFP though.

I'm so sorry you got bad news x x

Sorry to hear this sweetie,

As other's say you have managed to get pregnant before so hopefully you can again?

I know this isn't really a consulation at the moment darling (((hugs)))

xxxxxxxxx

:hug: Corrine

Were in the same position treatment wise. Were diagnosed with unexplained infertility atm, the only treatment we can have is clomid as we have a son.

Have they talked about referring you to a mc clinic? x

So sorry hunni, maybe the natural approach will work for you, try to stay positive xxx

Did your Go tell you this hon or was this a consultation? We got told that my hubbty's sample was not very good but when I posted the results on here it was much better than we realised.

I am sorry they were negative but you know you got pregnant before so keep trying and keep the faith that it can happen again. You hear so many amazing stories and it is always when you least expect it.

Sending you hugs.

Love Gizzy xxx

Oh corrinne I'm really sad to hear this. I don't want you to give up either but like you say if you try and not focus on it so much you can get your life back a bit and FX it will happen for you. Easy for me to say as I can't seem to take my own advice :p

Aww sorry Hun...:hugs:

Clomid isn't bad at all and it's said to improve egg quality and progesterone levels.

Xx

Sorry about your news Corrine! In terms of clomid I had very little side effects from it at all! Its maybe worth a shot!

am sorry it was such rubbish news. big hugs xxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Thanks ladies,
just fell a bit, exhausted by the whole thing and kind of over it all now.
Need something else to put my energy into.

I will try the clomid and just see what happens, and try not to try (but you know how it is , you ve done it for so long you cant help but know what time of the month etc it is!!)

Was a bit weird what they were saying, that i will never get pregnant, but look, I actually have... a few times. The issue wasnt that so much, but why I lost them. anyway, bllaaahhhhhhhhh to it all . xxx

much love girls xxx

Oh yeah IVF they said I should go for only cost about £4,500 per try and we would have a 35 % chance of success !!!
Ummmn hardley worth it I think, unfortunately we dont have that kind if spare money laying around!!! xx

So sorry Corrinne :hug:

The clomid might be able to help by making your lining thicker as a consequence of your follicles developing more before ovulation - can't hurt to try.

It's so horrible that it boils down to money. Me and hubby would already be out of the running if we didn't have relatives willing to pay for us...

Maybe you can "separate" from your partner and try for IVF solo and use him as a donor? People work out loop hole all the time - i'm sure they allow single parents to have IVF xx

Last edited:
So sorry Corrinne :hug:

The clomid might be able to help by making your lining thicker as a consequence of your follicles developing more before ovulation - can't hurt to try.

It's so horrible that it boils down to money. Me and hubby would already be out of the running if we didn't have relatives willing to pay for us...

Maybe you can "separate" from your partner and try for IVF solo and use him as a donor? People work out loop hole all the time - i'm sure they allow single parents to have IVF xx

Did you not get funding from the NHS ?? xx

Hi Corrinne

Sorry to hear about your results, although the fact you have become pregnant twice in recent years suggests to me that you have everything going for you. In your position I would probably take the clomid and do everything to maximise my chances.

Thinking of you xx

Did you not get funding from the NHS ?? xx

Yeah, but we only got one cycle.

The first cycle was classed as incomplete because there was no embryos to transfer and the second cycle was a BFN so now we are out of funding and having to pay.

This cycle so far has cost our relatives about £3500 and they will be getting billed for another £4500 once the cycles starts and then if i do manage to get a BFP they'll get a bill of about £500 every month for all the drugs i'm supposed to be on :shock:

Hi Corrinne

Sorry to hear about your results, although the fact you have become pregnant twice in recent years suggests to me that you have everything going for you. In your position I would probably take the clomid and do everything to maximise my chances.

Thinking of you xx

Well I know Tinsel, this is the thing!! Yes it took me a while to get pregnant but the actual problem was the recurrent miscarriage ,not to be told that I will really struggle to get pregnant.They said nothing of the reason why I miscarried only 'we dont know why you have had 2 miscarriages' :wall2::wall2:

anyway, I know you are going through all your tests too, wishing you lots of luck with all that.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back