Looking for a new job whilst pregnant

Debh09

Reaction score
I need some advise. I've just recently found my probation is being extended another 3 months... at the moment I don't feel particularly secure in the job now so looking for another job. I am currently just over 11 weeks. What do I say at interviews? I'm concerned that if I say I'm pregnant it may risk me getting job. I would love ideally want to stay in this job but it's got me worried. I'm basically in same role but as of last week I changed to dealing with a different contract. It's came as a nasty shock.

I wouldn't say anything, you're not obliged to tell your employer until about 24 weeks.

Yeah I wouldn't say anything to be honest, just crack on or just stick out your job for 3 months and see what happens - if they give you a permanent contract they should have to pay you SMP x

I switched jobs when I was 17 weeks which was quite the risky move! But I had to get out of the place I was in and needed the extra money/better hours, I didn't mention the pregnancy at all during the job application process, but on my first day, my manager was being so honest and open that I felt that I had to tell her - she's been fab about it, and provides great support. The only thing I will not get is SMP but I do qualify for Maternity Allowance which works in my favour as I can leave when I want too from 29+ weeks

I would recommend not mentioning it at all during any job application process, but eventually telling them in your own time as they will need to provide you with duty of care. - you'll know when the times right :) they however are not allowed to dismiss you or discipline you in any way, and if they do this is discrimination and they can get themselves in trouble!

Just my advice :) good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back