New job and pregnant

Tara1985

Reaction score
Just want to know if anyone else has or was in this situation?

I've worked at the same place for 6 years and went for another job in the department because it is on the next pay scale up. Great news is that i got it :dance: The problem I face is that I would have hardly learnt the job before I go on maternity leave. I'm scared of returning and looking incompetent because it'll all be new and I'll have baby brains. The place is full of judgemental gossips too so feeling really apprehensive now. It's gong to be so tough being a working mum. Can anyone share a similar experience or advice? Thanks xxx

Hi Hun the only thing I can recommend is using your keeping in touch days, you could also ask for any important updates etc to be emailed over to you.
I've booked in all 10 keeping in touch days and will still have my bb on as I'm quite a control freak with work x

Thanks a lot Sue for the advice, really kind of you to post. It's just akward being being appointed this new role and then leaving in 6 months for 9 months etc. If it wasn't a key role in the school I probably wouldn't be too fussed. I shouldn't care but I think I'm a control freak too :roll:

Definitely going to speak with HR about the 'keeping in touch' days. I won't speak to HR for another 10 weeks though so thanks again :)

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back