look at my pic- fat or pregnant????

frangelle

Reaction score
Everyone says I look really big for 8 weeks and think its rounded like a baby belly. But a member of my family said today it wouldnt be baby yet and I have just got really fat :(

So I have posted a pic and wondered what you guys thought? I have new stretch marks aswell which I'm not happy about, but it may be because its my second pregnancy? Let me know what you guys think... xxx

hope this works!!!! My first pic upload!!!

It does look like a baby bump but a rather large baby bump for 8 weeks.

sorry hun, I don't think it's your baby.........at 8 weeks he's about the size of your fingernail. (2.5cm)
But I think lots of women have water retention which causes bloating in pregnancy??
What is weird though is that I never showed until I was about 6 months (and then I balloned!) but I had 2 stretch marks appear on my stomach too, about week before I found out I was pregnant :think:

oh you did it... i just posted in tummy pics

you look fine... i didn't show when i was 8 weeks :wink:

It just seems wierd because I'm not normally that fat and I haven't been overeating!!! My belly has really swelled up, plus it starts just under my boobs and is quite hard. The midwife said this often happens with your second pregnancy? Also no one has given me a definite date, so could I be further gone, the midwife hasn't even looked/felt my belly yet, but she is coming tomorrow, should I mention it??

Surely no one can go up 2 dress sizes in 2 weeks???!!!! I was size 10/12, now size 14/16!!!

dont panic :D

in 2nd + pregnancies this can happen apparantly, your uterus is already more "supple" and the skin reacts quicker to hormones so you can get a pouch much quicker than expected!

it could also be water retention, posture or maybe you have been eating more than usual without really realising, all these factors combined could indeed make you look a lot bigger than expected.

Id defintely mention it to your midwife just to set your mind at ease and she will be able to give you as better idea of whats happening.

Good luck!

hiya huni,

i was the same with this pregnancy i looked pregnant at only about 10 weeks and since then i have got BIGGER, i have been told now at 23+5 weeks i look 9 months pregnant , and i have another 4 months to go lol..

so your not on your own... :hug:

I put on about half a stone really early in my pregnancy. I felt fat and some of my clothes were tight at the 7/8 week stage.

Things have evened out though and I didn't really start showing pregnant (as opposed to a little overweight) until about 20 weeks.

Don't worry too much about it. It might just be water retention and could easily balance out in the longer term.

:hug:

Hi

Im the same way poeple say oh its cuz its your second but i was the same with my first :)
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back