Longest day ever! NYE hospital stay for me :(

LilyMac

Reaction score
Well as some of you know I had my 41 week appointment today. I've only just got back after 4 hours!

Was offered a sweep but the midwife said if it didn't work I wouldn't be able to get induced until late next week but if I wanted it over with sooner they could induce me on Friday. So I chose the earlier induction and now I'll be spending new years eve in hospital, happy days lol

Baby was measuring smaller than at my last check up so was sent for a scan but everything is fine and baby is a good size, 8lb 2!!! They were a bit worried after scan as to why there was such a difference in the sizes and was looking at inducing me today but the consultant but it down to being measured by different people so it wouldn't be accurate.

Other than that, everything is fine and I will hopefully have my baby this weekend sometime!!XX

hopefully baby will arrive b4 then but if not then a new year baby will b fab...how cool will 1/1/11 b as a birth date?? xxx

Yay not long to wait now then! xx

Ooh I never even realised that, I hope he comes on Saturday now that's a cool date! I'm so excited hell be here soon but I'm still terrified of giving birth so its mixed emotions for me for a while!XX

aww brilliant news! he will be here before you know it! 2011 baby possibly! xx

I know, can't believe I'm so close now! Am gonna go out tomorrow and treat myself to a new book and some yummy smellies just incase I'm in a while and then I'll spend rest of the day relaxing and gaining strength for birth cos I'm shattered at the moment lol xx

Hope he comes before you get induced. xx 1/1/11 would be the best b-day tho lol x

Thanks girls :) I'm in bed now absolutely shattered and I plan on staying here until Friday apart from when I pop out tomorrow to get some treats! So hopefully I'll be nice and relaxed and full of energy!
I've just had some really painful twinges not sure if its just a false alarm again yet but my god they bloody hurt this time!! He best stay in until Saturday now just for the cool date lol x x

Good luck for friday Hun he'll be here before you know it x

Yayy for induction this week, in just a couple of days too! great date that would be wouldn't it

Fab news lily, hope he arrives on that date too it's a proper good'un!! Hope all goes well hun :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back