• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Loads of quesions!!!!

Toniixo

Reaction score
Just found out im pregnant, about 1 week ago. Got my first midwife appointment on the 10th feb.

What can I expect at the 1st appointment? Im really not good with blood tests, and I am really worried about them Everytime in the past when I have them, Ive passed out. Im not that great with needled in general!

When shoud I start buying stuff for baby? My partener wants to wait till the 12 week mark, but I dont think I can hold out that long!!

Also, when should I start buying marternity clothes?

Thanks.xx.

I got my bloods took at my booking appointment, i am the same HATE needles but trust me you will be fine its over before you know it and it doesn't hurt. The thought of it is worse than it is. They will weigh you and take you BP and a urine sample (i think) you will get your bounty pack, fill in a form and just have a chat. Start buying things whenever you want to...i bought 1 of 2 things before my scan but waited until after the scan to properly start buying. Same with maternity clothes, buy them when you like i got mine quite early...can't remember when exactly. Hope that helps.

Hunny i had my bloods taken three days ago i think? I woke up feeling so sick with dread, i ended throwing up outside and inside the hospital because of my phobia, but i PROMIE YOU its just a quick sting when it goes in and my feet went a bit funny when they were taking out the blood, like pins and needles, but it wasnt painful. Its another quick sting when they take it out, so i promise you darlin its nothing to get worked up over and i know thats easy for me to say but ask the girls on here about my phobia of needles haha, im even refusing the epidural because of it when im in labour!
I ended up buying two babygrows at nine weeks aha im the same but now im gonna try and hold it out till i hit 15 weeks :)
they take your urine, bp and weigh and messure you
hope that helped xx

Thanks guys....I wanna buy stuff now!! Internet shopping methinks :D

I guess Im just being dumb with the whole blood test thing....I know it aint that bad, guess I just gotta get on with it :s xxxxx

I have mine in 3 week or something, i am crapping myself this time too haha even though i know it never hurt last time...weird lol xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back