LO screaming in his sleep??

Discussion in 'Baby & Toddler' started by BabyWestwood, Dec 31, 2011.

1. BabyWestwood

BabyWestwood Well-Known Member

Hey every1! Happy New Year

My son who is 14months has recently been screaming in his sleep!! He usually goes down fine and sleeps thru the night but the past few nights his been waking lots in the night and screams and cries whilst asleep!!

Any ideas? xxx

2. MrsR

MrsR Well-Known Member

Sounds like night terrors x it's the way that toddlers/babies deal with 'scary' things that have happened during the day (even something like a dog barking at them can trigger night terrors) x x usually just comfort can help them x x

3. ZMD

ZMD Well-Known Member

Tegans doing similar at the moment she's been asleep since just before 8 and i've already had to resettle her 3 times, she doesn't seem fully awake just screaming xx

4. Lisa_85

Lisa_85 Well-Known Member

My sisters little boy and girl both used to scream in there sleep she found it only happened when they ate cheese. She cut it out there director and its stopped xx

5. benjis mum

benjis mum Well-Known Member

My little boy had night terrors at about the same age, it didn't last long but was horrible at the time x

6. BabyWestwood

BabyWestwood Well-Known Member

Thank god its stopped! Thanks for all the advice, it did seem to be night terrors. I just kept taking him out of his cot and consoling him whilst he was still asleep and that was it! xxx