LO not eating well..?Advice?

shell30984

Reaction score
Hi all,

My Little man is 8weeks and 12lbs(ish)
he is currently suffering from eczema so is on a few lotions and potions but well enough. and it doesnt seem to bother him.

the only problem we have is that he very rarely eats more than 60mls in one sitting (1-2oz)
he should be on a lot more than that. he is bottle fed, as i had problems with BF.
sometimes its a few mouth fulls upto 30mls, and then he isnt interested. he will then maybe sleep for an hour and wake up starving, but only eat the same amount??
he should be on 180mls (give or take) but has never eaten more then 120mls in one go.

Am i doing something wrong, should i wake him if he falls asleep during a feed.
i wind him and then try to offer more...sometimes he will eat more, but most of the time he wont. I just dont really want to force feed him :(

he isnt great at night, goes down at 10pm and sometimes wakes at 2am and then 5/6am, my partner then gets up with him to spend some time with him before he goes to work - which means i get a bit more of a lie in :)

how do i encourage him to eat more?
also we joke saying that he is teething as he is drooling alot and eating his fist all the time? is it possible at this age?

My little man still gets up at those times for food. How does his weight look on his chart as my LO weighed a similar amount at thar age. If he's full he's full. Babies only eat as much as they want. Have u asked ur HV?

he was a little under weight on the chart, but the HV had no concerns, would re asses him at the next visit.

Have you changed teats??? Maybe he's getting tired from sucking so much on ones that aren't fast enough for him xxx

We changed our little man to formula at 7 and a half weeks and it's taken until this weekend for him to take a full feed. He is about 12lb now. He started taking 2oz every feed then 3oz and this weekend started taking 4/5oz sometimes more. The only thing I've changed is how I wind him - I used to stop feeding him to wind him now I wait for him to stop before winding then I offer him more feed. I was really worried and discussed it with the hv, they told me a baby will only take what they want. We dream feed him at about midnight then he wakes at about 4 for another feed and wakes for the day at 7 x

Maybe try him in a bigger teat lo can get very tired from sucking. Try not to worry too much Rhea only takes between 5-6 oz 4 times a day she is 19 weeks xxx

he is on the smallest teats from tommee tippee, so i have just ordered some vari flow ones which means they can get out what they want, so maybe that will help him now!!
I will keep you updated as to whether they are any good :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back