Bed time

Lilelephant

Reaction score
At the moment O snoozes downstairs either on me or OH or in his bouncer from about 7-9 he then has a bath or top and tail and we put him in his pjs ready for feed at 10-10.30pm then we put him to bed in his basket upstairs.

Is this a reasonable routine for a 1 month old or should I be putting him to bed earlier, he will wake for a feed at 10ish. He also wakes sometimes at 3/4am and then gets up at 7-8am

I know he is small so will be waking for feeding in the night but I don't want to get him in bad habits

Not sure how much it'll help as I'm bfing but Tyler attaches himself to me from about 7-8ish. I usually take him into the dark quiet bedroom at 9ish and carry on feeding (while he's in his sleeping bag) until he falls asleep then I pop him in his basket and jump into bed lol! It's usually between 9 and just after 10 he goes down.

Caleb's routine was like that and still is really. He naps until about 9, then he has a feed and nappy change and bedtime is about 11. OH and I always go to bed at 11 so that routine works best for us. Caleb still hasn't dropped that feed so we'd be up then anyway so he might as well stay down with us. Then he sleeps until about 7.30-8.00 if he goes to bed at 11.

I think it's so hard with such a young baby because you can try and get them into a routine but then they'll do what they want anyway! And then they hit the 6 week growth spurt and they're feeding 24/7 again!

My advice is if you think Orlando is happy with the routine then keep it how it is xxx

We used to keep Grace up until getting her ready for bed before her 10pm feed then she would go up to bed with me, once she started wanting fed about 8pm instead we started the whole bath, bottle & bed routine. That's when she starting skipping the 12pm feed

We allowed Sebastian to set his own routine but the one thing we did do was wash him (either bath or top and tail) and then pyjamas on but he still slept downstairs until we went to bed until he was maybe 4 months old! :)

Jack used to sleep whenever he was tired wen he was tiny. He'd stay downstairs with us until we went to bed (usually around midnight back then) and then he'd wake every 3hrs for a feed. Now I try not to let him sleep past 6pm which doesn't always work and he'll usually have his bath between 8-8.30pm and then fall alseep drinking his bedtime bottle in my arms in his bedroom by 9pm. He'll then wake at midnight-ish for his last feed and then at around 4am usually just for his dummy. I'm so hoping now he's getting older he'll start cutting out either his feed or the 4am wake up!

Sounds like orlando is doing brilliantly! x

When LO was newborn we would feed him at about 10ish then put him to bed and go to bed ourselves. He would normally wake every 4 hours for a feed. We do bath, massage, bottle and bed routine and gradually bought it forward by about 15 minutes a week. From 4 months LO has his bath at 7pm and is in bed asleep by 7.30pm. He sometimes sleeps through and sometimes wakes for his dummy.
He didn't gradually drop his nighttime bottles, one day he just didn't have it and hasn't had it since. He had been having about 7ozs in his night feed before then!!

We used to keep Jax in the lounge with us until we went to bed until he was around 10 weeks old. We now put him down in his cot from about 6.30pm (sometimes a little earlier, sometimes later) and he was waking once or twice a night. He now has a cough, cold and conjuntivitis at the moment so he is waking more in the early evening - last night he went to bed at 5.40pm then woke at 7pm, 9.15pm, 1am and 4am and took 5oz each time he woke. He was 14 weeks yesterday.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Sounds fine to me, he's still so little he makes his own rules, when they get older it can be harder, when it comes to LO falling asleep in living room & carrying them up to bed, that can be a very hard habit to break.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back