Little sharp pains

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by Alwaystrying, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Alwaystrying

Alwaystrying Well-Known Member

Hi ladies wonder if I can get your thoughts?
    4 weeks gone with my 1st, AF would of been dues yesterday and today I have been having a tiny bit of cramping and every so often small sharp pains right down in my uterus. They are not severe and not constant but enough to know I'm getting them

No spotting or heavy bleeding, really hoping these are fairly normal signs but can't help but worry.

Any thoughts are much appreciated xx

2. Lovebird

Lovebird Active Member

I had a lot of cramping, still am. I'm 6 weeks 3 days, I also had very sharp pains in 1 side and was so worried as was trying for 15 months so went to the doctor and everything is fine!! There is an awful lot going on down there, try and relax and rest as much as possible!! I know it's hard but try not to worry or stress. Lots of different pains are fairly normal x

3. purple_pianos

purple_pianos Well-Known Member

It is completely morning, I was convinced I was coming on for weeks on end - still am some days and I'm nearly 12 weeks!

4. Mummy2toddler

Mummy2toddler Well-Known Member

Its definitely normal unless youre in a lot of pain I wouldnt worry personally. I thought I was gonna come on my AF when my af was due ... i still sometimes get that and im 9 weeks. I also think when we are ttc or pregnant we noticed more pains etc then we may normally notice. xx

5. Milly76

Milly76 Well-Known Member

Me too. My aches and twinges have calmed down a little, but still feel heavy, full and a bit achy down there. Pretty sure its normal.:) . Xx

6. Alwaystrying

Alwaystrying Well-Known Member

Phew thanks ladies, it's so nice to hear that I am not alone with this, been such a long battle for me to get where I am now, think I will be worrying for every little twinge lol

7. Sophie_P

Sophie_P Well-Known Member

I get these alot, pretty sure it's okay. Does anyone get a stitch like pain on right side near belly button like an inch across?

8. mrz85

mrz85 Well-Known Member

it s very normal , I get them on and off stil x

9. Sophie_P

Which ones? Xx

10. Lilmisshopeful

Lilmisshopeful Well-Known Member

I get them all the time. Right from the start I felt like af was coming. Proper pressure pains with sharp pains too. Doc says just growing pains. Every now and then they come so guessing it's something to get used to x

11. LD1978

LD1978 Well-Known Member

Yep don't worry hun I always had period pains and still get niggles now. Don't worry it's just stretching and everything moving. I remember in tri 1 mine were bad at times. Welcome to worry world though and like you say when takes so long to get there you panic even more. X

12. lisey

lisey Well-Known Member

You are not going to believe this but I have the exact same feeling today. Was going to make a thread about it. Mine is right by belly button and the way I was going to describe it was as a stitch feeling. Seems like it's pretty normal x

13. Sophie_P

Flipping heck Lisa! We are like twins! Got my pain after walking home from work xx

14. Potternutter

Potternutter Well-Known Member

That's exactly the same as what I had for the first week after I found out! The sharp twinges have calmed down now but I still get dull aches like mild af pains!