Little problem

jenna

Reaction score
its happend a few times now but im not sure whos right and wrong?!?!?

every time my mother and father in law come over my husband seems to do what ever they say even if it will upsets me. They brought there dog round a few days before xmas and it ripped open a few pressies id bought for my family but my DH didnt say anything and i didnt think it was my place to say. He knew i was annoyed but still didnt say anything! It just seems like he cant stand up to them and im the one always getting hurt!!

I dont know wether i should be more annoyed at my husband or my inlaws. My mum said shes even noticed it and it seems like my DH always tries to hide when my mums there so she cant critisize him (even though she wouldnt). It just feels like there always picking on him and putting him down but how can i tell him with out looking like im being nasty? He already thinks i hate them (which i dont) i just think there really harsh on him all the time. :? when ever i say anything he defends them and i look like an idiot.

Its a shame but i think he may just be doing it to keep everyone happy.

What could he say about the dog though? If it had already ripped the presents no point in having a go at the parents for it they must of felt bad anyway?

Hope everything gets sorted, maybe you should talk to him ..

cassi said:

What could he say about the dog though? If it had already ripped the presents no point in having a go at the parents for it they must of felt bad anyway?

she had knocked a few over (which were breakable) and we both looked at each other and then she ripped some and he didnt even move her, she was still messing with them.

Sorry but the longer you don't say anything the worse it will get. I'd ask them next time they're due over to leave their dog at home. Had a similar problem with my uncles dog.

Does DH know how you feel? Most men are Mummy's boys so have done what their mums have said all their lives, so I wouldn't be offended if he doesn't even realise what he is doing.

I hope you can talk to him and explain how you feel.

As for the dog, can't you put a banger or something in one of the presents next year-I'm sure it'll shock the dog into never poking its nose in your pressies again! :twisted: :wink:

x

As for the dog, can't you put a banger or something in one of the presents next year-I'm sure it'll shock the dog into never poking its nose in your pressies again! :twisted: :wink:

x[/quote]

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

jenna said:
cassi said:

she had knocked a few over (which were breakable) and we both looked at each other and then she ripped some and he didnt even move her, she was still messing with them.

oh ok sorry..how bloody annoying but tbh its still his parents that should be doing something about it not your dh it would put him in an akward position..

I think he is stuck between a rock and a hard place! His parents should be the ones who are being a little disrespectful. your hubby sounds like he just wants to keep the peace. (It never works)

Best to bite your tongue, and buy them crappy christmas presents! Don't let them effect your relationship, because that might be what they want!

Oh and feed the dog sleeping pills when they are not looking!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back