• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Little Girls

Karli

Reaction score
My husband and I would love a little girl, but would be just as happy with a boy. But I was just wondering, I was reading in another part of the forum this:

How can I conceive a girl?
To improve your chances for conceiving a girl, you should BD a 4 to 2 days prior to ovulation, and abstain two days before and day of ovulation. This will allow the slower, longer-lived, female sperm to be ready for fertilization when ovulation does occur. Conceiving a girl is more difficult since you are abstaining on your peak fertility day.

Did anyone try it? And does it work? I am just wondering if I should worry myself over trying for a girl, or shall we just try naturally without thinking about it and be happy either way?

I am a little bit scared that I will be disappointed if I find out it's a boy, if I hope for a girl too much. :(

I'm am the only and eldest sister to 6 younger brothers. My mum always said she wanted another girl...
but I was the only one she got :)

I don't know if I would put much faith in gender planning, but I hope it works out for you! I would just let nature take it's course, besides, I think you will be happy either way when a + result arrives!

Katie
xx

Personally i don't read too much into ways to conceive a boy/girl
I would just carry on if I were you, the added stress of trying to conceive a particular gender, which is by no means certain anyway, won't do you any good. I am sure when it happens you'll be so happy wither way :)

Thank you both! :hug:

My hubby is one of 6 boys and 1 girl, though only 2 of those siblings (2 boys) are actually his full siblings. Does this influence the sex of our baby at all? I am one of 2 girls, but I know it's the male sperm that determines the sex. Just curious! :D

And yes, I think I will just let nature take its course. I'm sure it will be wonderful, whichever sex it is! We will love it just as much, boy or girl.

Humans have 23 pairs of chromosomes. Two copies of each chromosome 1-22, and then the two gender chromosomes, either XX _female) or XY (male).
All cells in the body contain these 46 choromosomes, except eggs and sperm, which have half the number. The eggs and sperm have one of each of chromosomes 1-22, and then the sex chromosomes. Because women have XX, all eggs contain an X. However, men have XY and these get split between the sperm so half have an X and half have a Y. This is why it is the sperm that determines gender.
So there is a 50:50 chance of any one sperm being 'male' or 'female'
Hope this helps! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back