list of essentials

nmf1987

Reaction score
well thought it might be a good idea to all go through and create a list of bits that are must haves for baby. i know alot of items just aren't needed and are just bought because you can. so my list is:

• cot/cot bed
  • new mattress
  • moses basket + stand
  • wardrobe and other nursery furntiture.
  • changing mat
  • soft furnishings i.e curtains, bedding, lamp etc
  • fitted sheets x3
  • cot mobile
  • scratch mitts x 5
  • socks x 5
  • vests x10
  • sleepsuits x 10
  • all in ones x 10
  • other clothes
  • bibs x 5
  • bottles
  • steriliser etc
  • pram
  • car seat
  • sun blinds for car
  • changing bag
  • baby bath/ bath support
  • baby towel
  • toiletries (johnsons baby box)
  • bouncer chair
  • baby monitor

that's all i can think of off the top of my head. feel free to add. amounts of clothes etc is my own choice.

let me know if you can think of more.

xxx

hope so. the amount of times i have rewritten it thinking i have missed stuff. xx

I wrote one to tick off everything but ive likely missed stuff. I suppose alot of stuff isnt a must and if we forgot we could quickly buy it once baby is born xx

(jumping back from third tri)

Thermometer for room temp, Thermometer for checking bath temp and one also for taking baby's temp??
couldn't live without mine!!

got them on my list but somehow missed them off on here. lol. xx

I have also got cellular blankets, muslin squares, parasol for shading sun on pram, baby grooming kit (round edge scissors, soft brush etc) and nappy bin (one that seals the dirty nappies).

Xx

Last edited:
Omg a lottery win should be at the top of the list! When u see it all written down it's a heck of a list :shock: :lol:

i know. i do keep looking at it and panicking. although i am fairly lucky as both my sister and sister in law have had little girls in the last 2 years so get to pinch some bits from them.

xxx

• vests x10
  • sleepsuits x 10
  • all in ones x 10
This seems alot?? I know what a sleepsuit is (a babygro with feet) but what is the difference between a vest and an all in one? I take them as the same so doubt you would need 20 - escpecially as they grow so fast! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maegan
Back