Linea nigra

Jen & Her Men

Reaction score
I was wondering when people started to get this line down the belly? I am 13 weeks and starting to show and although there is a kind of dint now where the line should be, there is no lne. Also, I heard that as your boobs go bigger the area around the nipple goes a lot darker but this hasnt happened to me either. I dont mind either way, Im just amazed at all the changes our bodies go through and wondered whether I would not get these particular changes and when other ladies did.
Thank you!

I never got one when pregnant with Evie, also my belly button didnt pop out either (phew!).
However i did get very very dark nipples and they have stayed fairly dark even 4 months after and my nipples were very pink before (sorry tmi).

little*red said:
I never got one when pregnant with Evie, also my belly button didnt pop out either (phew!).
However i did get very very dark nipples and they have stayed fairly dark even 4 months after and my nipples were very pink before (sorry tmi).

Thanks for the quick response! WHen did your nipples go dark? (What a conversation!!! :rotfl: )

My nipples have gone darker the last couple of weeks

i never had one..but nipples also got darker.. i basically had nipples the same coour as my skin before.. now they are a nice colour.. not really really dark.. but they are gettign darker again.. and bigger too..

my nipples seem to have spread :shock: :oops: ...they're huge!!!!

I got the linea nigra line - I'm also very pale so it looks quite funny on me :) I've always had a line that goes up to my belly button but it's very faint, and now that line has darkened and it's nearly up to my boobs lol. It started quite early in my pregnancy but I can't remember when.

Not had the nipple thing I don't think, or if I have it's not been much difference, they just look the same to me.

edit- it's an old wives tale that linea nigra line means boy baby...

with my first I had a distinct dark line but with this one I have a hairy line :shock: :shock: hope I aint got a gorilla in there :shock: leaving well alone as much as I want to shave it off, certainly dont want it any thicker :talkhand:

as for my nipples and surrounds they puffed up significantly at about 5 weeks but last few weeks they have gone really dark and my nipples are like HUGE :shock: :shock: cigar buts :shock: :lol:

Thanks for the quick response! WHen did your nipples go dark? (What a conversation!!! :rotfl:

:rotfl:
I cant really remember but i think it was arfound second Tri. As TD said before mine were almost skin colour too and by the time i was full-term they were very very dark brown. Now they have faded a bit to almost a coffee brown colour but and still way darker than they were before.

Apparently they get really dark so thet your baby is attracted to them for breastfeeding :D .

pilkers said:
my nipples seem to have spread :shock: :oops: ...they're huge!!!!

i second that. OH kindly pointed it out to me last night lol, no linea nigra tho, think stretch marks will be in only marks on my tummy, i've been bombarded by them already :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back