Linea Nigra and overhang

Mildly

Reaction score
Ok so I was wondering when the linea nigra I had whilst pregnant is going to disappear? It looked fine in pregnancy but now that now skin is not as taut (i.e. bit jellylike still) it looks like a dirty line :( Please tell me it will fade, I don't really want it there for life!

The other thing is I blatantly over-ate during pregnancy and put on lots of weight, I'm happy that the weight is coming off now, slowly but surely. However my belly still seems to be overhanging slightly and looks awful. I know I had a c section so am unable to resume exercise until hopefully after our six week check but I'm getting a bit worried that it won't go. Will I just be left with saggy skin? Will crunches make a difference? Should I be moisturising like crazy to try and get some elasticity back in my skin?

My linea nigra is still there. I hate it and want it to go away..... not sure how long it takes though- hopefully someone will know.

My linae nigra went completely and I didn't even get one at all in my third pregnancy. Can't remember how long it took to go though I'm afraid. But it should fade.

With regards to the overhang, I lost my baby belly almost entirely after my first baby and went back to wearing bikinis a few months later. However, I was only 18 and didn't get as big as I did with my other 2 babies. Didn't even have stretchmarks.

However, I can't be smug, as my second daughter completely ruined me and I got stretchmarks all over and a permanent flabby belly. I am sure that with a strict diet and LOTS of crunches I could have got a flatter tummy but I am afraid that you are unlikely to ever regain total elasticity. Mine was even worse after my 3rd. Trouble is, I love to eat so I probably don't help myself much!

I've told my OH that once we're done having babies I want a tummy tuck and boob uplift! He's paying!

I still have my line and its really dark, and even though I have lost all my pregnancy weight and my belly is flat (yep I'm one of those hateful bitches! :lol: ) my skin is a little saggy and the skin at the top of my scar from the section kind of bulges over it a bit IYKWIM? Its a bit gross.
Have you tried bio oil? Might be worth a go :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Just checked and mine appears to be gone.. might just be incredibly faded but I can't really see it. There's a faint line but I don't know if I'm just imagining it cos I'm thinking about it being there... lol

Thanks for the replies :)

I had our six week check last week and the doctor said that the line should go within the next few months so fingers crossed on that one. She also said that I could start with any abdominal crunches/situps until after 12 weeks :( I have bought an exercise video though and may start doing the more aerobic sections just to try and improve my fitness levels - I really feel weak. Then by the time I can start the crunches, I should have lost a bit more flab :D

Glad to hear yours has gone leckershell :)

Laura, I am so jealous of your flat belly! :D I know what you mean about the bulging, although I'll bet mine looks worse with my jelly belly on the top :lol:

Jess, my OH has promised me a tummy tuck after another couple of kids :shock: Not entirely sure whether I want another couple though!

Alex, you'll have to let me know when your line goes and then I'll know that mine won't be too much longer :D

My linea negra has gone completely now, it was really noticeable but I havent noticed it over the last few weeks so I reckon it has only just disappeared this last month.

Mine wasn't noticable until after birth, and now you have mentioned it, I have realised its gone! Think it may have been about 8 weeks or so.

Im twelve wks post section and still have my 'line' i dont mind it really as only me and oh see it and its a reminder of my buba! It will go though as it went after my first baby. Straight after my section i was concerned as had overhang and it looked like the stitches had been pulled really tight. It has gone now though so must have loosened up! Still have jelly belly when i sit down but ive been told no sit ups until six months by my doc? Been walking on the treadmill for about 40 mins and think its done me good! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back