Line spotters needed + a question.

Rae1998

Reaction score
Hi all. Just wondering if anyone can give me a second opinion on this.

I'm on the mini pill and I've just done my "always take a test before you start a new packet of pills just to make sure" test.

I know there's probably nothing there, but you know what it's like when you catch your test in the wrong light, see a shadow and then you're convinced there's a squinter.

Thanks ladies.

EDIT: I know the mini pill is supposed to stop you ovulating which is why so many women experience no bleeding while taking it. However, on the sheet I've just finished taking I did bleed for around four days but it was lighter than the periods I used to have before taking the pill. Is it possible to have a 'period' without ovulating? I'm guessing this was a breakthrough bleed but it hasn't happened before so it concerned me a little.

Attachments

• IMG_7302.jpg
    IMG_7302.jpg
    517.3 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_7305.jpg
    IMG_7305.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Thank you for clearing that up.

I've been feeling pretty run down recently and I'm always concerened about being the "1%" when it comes to the pill so it was probably just my mind playing tricks on me.

I can see a very faint line on both. I would get a frer and retest in the morning. x

Has anyone used the 1st Aid brand tests before? It says it displays postitive results at with "specimens containing HCG at levels of 25mIU/ml or greater" and I honestly have no idea what that means. I've got no idea if this is a good brand or not. It's says early detection on it.

I'm not even sure of when I'm supposed to ovulate or when my AF due date is because of the pill.

Last edited:
I can't see anything but as suggested you'd be better with more sensitive tests. I'm not familiar with the ones you've mentioned but 25 isn't very sensitive if you don't know where in your cycle you are. I would suggest getting a first response early result test from Asda or boots (or Amazon/eBay) or a Superdrug early detection. Good luck xx

I think I can see something on the negative one, I'd wait a couple of days and do another to be sure.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Very nervous to retest incase I get a noticeable positive as I'm obviously not ttc (on the pill). Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world as me and my boyfriend have a house and jobs but not what I planned for myself at 19 and we've only been together for a few months.

I can understand your worry but at the same time if you're pregnant, you're pregnant. Not doing a test wouldn't change that I'm afraid. But the earlier you find out the more time you have to discuss this with your OH and get used to the idea and discuss your plans.

Or you get a clear negative and you can breath a sigh of relief :) But maybe if the mini pill is causing you this much anxiety (I don't think most people test routinely, but I only ever had the combined pill) then I would have a discussion about if there is a better type of contraception you can use. The mini pill always seemed quite hard work to me!

I can't see anything on either test, good luck.

Very true, MissCharli. As I said it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if I am. We've had the discussion before about if I happened to be the 1% and did get pregnant and he said he'd be fine with having a child, even if it's not planned.

I've already tried other forms of contraceptives and although the worry can be annoying is it far better than what I had to endure on the combined pill and implant. I'd get the injection but I'm terrified of needles.

No contraceptive is 100% so whatever I take there's always going to be a chance and if I did get pregnant once the shock wore off I'm sure I'd be ecstatic.

I think that is the best way to be :) I never really worried when I was on the pill, just sort of assumed that I would never be that 1% ha, and tbf I wasn't!

You can only do your best with contraception, and you're ahead of a huge percentage of people who don't seem to bother/care!

I hope that the result is the one that you want :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back