Nursing Bras and breast pads

bilbo86

Reaction score
Hi,

I have just bought a "Emma Jane" nursing bra and I am happy with the fit etc however I did have a question regarding breast pads. I tried my new bra on with disposable breast pads and it looked all lumpy beneath the bra and you could say the shape of them through my top. I am due 4 weeks today so I am a bit concerned about wearing summer clothes as you can see the pads. Any suggestions on how to make these pads less obvious through the bra or is there any bras you could reccomend?

:doh: mmm im 38 wks and i got a nursing bra and ive had to start wearing breast pads ive brought bigger breast pads as they fit the whole of the bra ..not as noticable but unfortunatley ive no other ideas.. :wall: sorry hun ..

What brand of pad are you using?
I generally use johnsons, I don't think they're that noticable. The cheaper brands can go a bit lumpy I think. It probably all depends on the size and shape of your boobs :think:

I bought the tommee tippee disposable pads (just because they were on special in tescos!!) :D

Hmm I've not tried those, are they "shaped"? If not maybe try shaped ones next time.

Don't worry about wasting your money on the cheaper ones, I get through loads, you can always use them in bed :)

Thanks :D I will try the Johnsons ones and see how I get on! :angel:

While your on the subject of breastpads, has anyone tried "Lilypadz" yet?

http://www.lilypadzonline.co.uk/LilyPadz-p-1.html

I had the same problem with pads showing through my tops when I had my son and thought these would be loads better but i'm reluctant to get them if they're no good!

Tan x

My friend has used them and thinks they are great. I used the washable ones as the plastic backed ones can cause irritation if you have cracked nipples and I have really liked them. They don't look lumpy and are very comfy.

This just made me realise...... I haven't used 1 single breastpad this time round. Got 2 boxes sitting in the cupboard!! I wonder why.... I don't even leak when Oscar cries.... I use to leak when I bf my daughter??

I knew I was a little strange... supposse I'm saving some money though! :wink:

Emilia xx

I'm the same emilia, got tons of the things in my drawer and never needed them.

only ever leaked on the odd occasion at night (if i had missed the evening feed and he'd had a bottle instead) but that was ages ago and only 2/3 times.

oh well its a warning to others - dont buy too many to begin with as you may not need them!

x

Hi

I like the Tomy tippee and Lansinoh breast pads, they are really thin and discreet and don't go lumpy under your clothes. They also have a paper type backing and not plastic because like Beanie says the plastic backed ones don't let your boobs air as much and I'm sure that contributed to me getting thrush in the boobs (very painful avoid if possible!).

I have been pleased with the bras I bought in M&S, they sell packs of 2 for £25.

HTH

Lucy

Tan said:

I had the same problem with pads showing through my tops when I had my son and thought these would be loads better but i'm reluctant to get them if they're no good!

Tan x

Thats awesome!!! ***buys some***

I used so many pads when pregnant with zack, I was like a tap constantly leaking. I didnt really notice bumpy pads tho, i used the asda ones first time around.

Tan said:

Tan x

aaaawwww I so would have used them if I'd seen them sooner... I hardly leak at all now so there'd be no point.

Guess i'll be giving them a try then!

Tan x

I decided to give the "lilypadz" a try. They arrived today and they are very comfortable and don't show at all under your tops. :D

Has anyone else tried these yet or planning to? :?:

My only concern is that it stops you leaking by putting pressure on your nipple (i.e it is pushed in all the time) I just hope this won't have a negative effect on being able to feed my baby :oops:

bilbo86 said:
I decided to give the "lilypadz" a try. They arrived today and they are very comfortable and don't show at all under your tops. :D

Has anyone else tried these yet or planning to? :?:

My only concern is that it stops you leaking by putting pressure on your nipple (i.e it is pushed in all the time) I just hope this won't have a negative effect on being able to feed my baby :oops:

Me is planning to buy some aswell, any more thoughts ladies??
it will be just my luck tho ill stop leakin !!
Do they need a certain ammount of smooth skin to work with, (has large areola here u c) Do they stop leaking all together or does the odd drop get thru??

xx

violet-glow said:
Tan said:

Tan x

Thats awesome!!! ***buys some***

I used so many pads when pregnant with zack, I was like a tap constantly leaking. I didnt really notice bumpy pads tho, i used the asda ones first time around.

bought my lilypads thursday, they arrived saturday, all of saturday was fine overnight and all of sunday i have leaked through. These are a real waste of money if they dont work for you as they are with me.
My hubby thinks i have a large areola area which is affecting it all, but personally i think that has nothink to do with it, Dispointed and will be complaining! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back