Life after a BFP

holly;

Reaction score
ever thought about what you'll be like after you get you BFP ?

i've already decided that i'm going to be one of the most annoying, up tight and pedantic people going.. worse than i already am! :lol:

i find it really hard to spend money on myself. i mean i brought a car (my mum's friends dad died and his wife wanted it to go to someone she knew would look after it, i got it for £300) thinking it'd stop me changing my mind about wanting to have driving lessons, a few months later when my dad moved out and needed a car i gave it to him. i regretted spending that £300 on the car from the minute i did it but felt like it was helping my mum's friend's mum.. and that i would end up having lessons. my dad said he'd give me the money for it when he had it and to be honest i know that i probably won't see the money because of the credit cards my dad likes to build up and not having the money to pay it off. he already owes me £250 and it's been about a year now and i've not got that. i go out to buy me new clothes and because i'm so fussy (i'm into vintage stuff and it's imposible to find 'cheap'!) and end up buying my boyfriend stuff instead.. i get paid on monday and after forking out ot help my mum with bills etc. as it's our first month without my dad here and money is tight i've had no money as i put £150 away savings because i know that it'll help no end to have money put away when we have a LO. i had to take £10 out while staying at my dads to get food on the ferry and i felt so guilty! when LO is here i don't think i'll actually ever spend money on myself, any spare money (after putting abit away for emergencies) will go on LO.. i need to get out of feeling guilty about spending my money on me!

i've already decided that whatever theme i go with when i have LO thati'll be making everything myself, bumper, quilt etc. all of that kind of stuff myself because i'm so pedantic. i can't wear blue and black.. black and brown or brown and blue. i actually physically cannot do it. i've even already started thinking about the fact if i want one of them grobags unless it's a plain white one it won't match anything else in the room like cot bumper etc. and it'll drive me insane!

baby clothes is another thing, i'm going to sound SO mean but there are certain types of baby clothes that i personally don't like.. like the one's with 'cute doggy' on and things like that.. i just don't like it. and i wouldn't put my baby in it :oops: i've decided that for changing purposes etc. my LO will probably be in sleepsuits for the first 3months and not outfits, so any outfits would probably be a waste.

i've already mapped out in my mind and talked to OH about when it's acceptable during the the pregnancy to start buying clothes, pram, furniture etc and i've not even got my BFP! when i go clothes shopping and actually buy myself clothes in the back of my mind i'm thinking 'will that stretch over a bump?' when it could be another year before i even get a BFP.

god i sound REALLY mean :oops:

i'm so 'OCD' about everything i think that when LO is here i'll be a complete monster! i feel like this :wall: when i think about it. the only 'good' thing is me needing to put money away for the LO, but even then i'm going without even when i need work clothes etc.

anybody else worrying about how they'll act when they get their BFP, or planned out EVERYTHING already when they've not had their BFP ? or is it just me.. and should i go hide in the corner because you now know how strange and scary i am.. ? :doh:

Awww sweet, don't feel bad i'm sure alot of people (even if only secretly) feel the same in some sort of way....i know i do!

I already have in my head the way the spare room will turn into a nursery, i have planned how we will tell my parents and my OH parents and other silly little things!

Just trying to relax and let things happen now though!

yes, it' s ALL I think about :(

I thought this ttc would get easier once the dispointment of the first few months went by - it doesn't, it gets harder. Today, I've convinced myself that either hubbie or I have got fertility problems, and that my short luteal phase (10 days ish) is going to mean it takes us forever to conceive.

I have planned and planned like you Holly for how I want everything, I've even bought a pair of baby uggs :oops: :oops:

But in a weird way, even though it's all I think about and have made loads of plans, I still can't IMAGINE it ever happening to me -does that make any sense??

Anyway :hug: :hug: to us all who are having a hard time with this at the moment xxxxx

tootsieb said:
I went shopping today, and almost bought myself a pair of trousers, but put them back at the last minute as I thought there would be no point wasting money on them as I could be pregnant anytime soon (I wish).

i love making clothes etc. and last summer brought loads of patterns for hight waisted trousers and skirts and now i'm looking at them telling myself i won't make any of it because i'm not going to get a bump into a high waisted pair of trousers/skirt.

tootsieb said:
I have my pram picked already (Silver cross sleepover deluxe in jet) and we have names picked - Esther for a girl, Daniel for a boy. We are planning on moving house as soon as I get pregnant, and the first room we will decorate will be the nursery.

i've fallen in love with the Luna even though there is mixed reviews, i saw it and knew it's the pram for me. i've spoken to OH about names but he's so fussy, the baby will be born before he decides on a name!

xxKateBxx said:
I thought this ttc would get easier once the dispointment of the first few months went by - it doesn't, it gets harder.

i'm on cycle 3 of TTC and my last two cycles i OVed on CD 21 and then CD22 so i decided to BD loads round them days this cycle as it'll probably be the same. then checked my CM today and it's EWCM, i usually get a mixture of wet and EWCM from around CD13/14 upto OV around CD 21/22 but it's still got me thinking 'what if i OV early' but i i want to save it for the few days before, during and after OV around the 21/22 but i'd hate myself if i missed it. OH has a cold at the moment and is abit swollen 'down there' so we couldn't even BD now if we wanted too. it seems like you just seem to have it figured out then all the doubts come creeping in and like this month if OH's cold doesn't clear up, we can't BD and i do OV around CD 21/22 i'll be so upset! even though theres nothing we can really do.

xxKateBxx said:
I have planned and planned like you Holly for how I want everything, I've even bought a pair of baby uggs :oops: :oops:

i've not brought anything because

1) i live at home still due to my mum needing me here because of her severe allergies and as i'm the oldest i feel i couldn't leave my younger brother and sister to cope with it if she did end up unconcious.. i'm 18 and my mum doesn't know i'm TTC so finding baby stuff may give her a heart attack! she does wander into my room and has seen my themometer and has never asked why i've got one, so she might know but she's not the kind to ask anything like that.

and 2) my mum had a miscarriage at 13weeks before she had me and lost my brothers twin at 13weeks aswell so i've told myself no buying ANYTHING baby until i'm around 14weeks just to make myself feel better about it.

xxKateBxx said:
But in a weird way, even though it's all I think about and have made loads of plans, I still can't IMAGINE it ever happening to me -does that make any sense??

i can't see myself with a bump and me giving labour; pfft. in my head me and labour just don't go together it's the most scariest thing in the world to me but i know that when it comes to it i'll do my best having a baby is what i want more than anything right now.

wow, look at that for rambling :wink: think i'm having one of 'those days'

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back