LH surge

Tillyfloss

Reaction score
Hi

Does everyone produce enough LH during their surge for opks to detect it?
Is it possible to ovulate without having a positive or high fertility result on a OPK?

Day 13 and no sign of my very negative opks changing, I've felt stabbing and cramping pains today on my right lower side / stomach so I'm wondering if that could be ovulation pains but opks not picked it up?

Or am I grabbing onto false hopes?

Thanks

Yes me. Even though I have pcos, which often means higher than normal levels of LH, I often never get a positive opk. In fact I've only ever had a clear positive 4 times in 4 years. I do however ovulate more than this! My LH surge is also very short, only a couple of hours, so it is very easy to miss when testing. I've been pregnant twice, each time without getting a positive opk. I did mc both but that would not be related to the LH surge at all.

Do you have regular cycles? If so you are most likely ovulating even if you aren't detecting an LH surge. You can also buy different sensitivity tests, checking which you are using and swapping to another might help.

What time of day are you testing?

Temping might be worth a try for you if you haven't tried it already.

Thanks, I also have pcos and wondered if that had a impact on OPK results? I'm on on cycle 1 after coming off the pill, I was trying for a year without success and always negative opks, stopped trying went on pill and shifted some weight to try and help,
I know it's still very very early days but so disheartening to see neg after neg opks, last time my cycles were so long as well, I'm hoping weight loss may have helped this... Time will c I guess.
Opks are 20Mil or whatever the letters are lol

Last edited:
The most common problem with pcos and opks are having false positives, not an issue I have and it sounds like you are the same as me. The other reason opks aren't always recommended for pcos ladies is that you can get a positive and not actually release the egg, however this can happen to anyone but it is more common with pcos. Mine are also the same sensitivity.

Have you had any blood tests done to see if you are ovulating?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back