LFT?!

lea m

Reaction score
I was tested a couple of weeks back for obstetric cholestasis and the results came back high in some areas but low in the one for that so MW's at the hospital werent worried! My doc however said she thought it a bit worrying and took a retest and marked it urgent! I got the results today and they are slightly higher again! I dont know which ones are high etc but can anyone tell me what it could mean?! :think: If its not OC then what else causes high levels of enzymes in the blood?! I would usually google but my mind is crazy at the min and may see something I dont like and think Im dying lol!
Did anyone else have this and what happened?! Im not to worried as I only have just over a week left till DD and Im not ill or yellow but just wondered if anyone knew what other causes there were!??

Thanks for any replies! :hug:

i would have thought if it was bad they would have had you in then and there :think:

I had cholestasis in my last pregnancy and my LFT results were through the roof (even my consultant said she had never seen anything like it!!!)
With only a week to go if they were seriously worried I think they would have taken u straight in hun. If you haven't been itchy or felt ill etc it could just be that it's something quite simple.
Try not to worry too much, if it was serious they would have let u know :hug:

Thanks for the replies!
Well thats another reason Im not worried really as they would have sent me to the hospital for sure!
Nazmomi its definitely not cholestasis (well thats what the MW said last week) so thats good lol I really dont want to be induced early tbh ( shes small and needs to grow some more first ;))
Im still itchy though :think: (that was why they did the tests to begin with?!)
Its just weird?! Isthere anything else you can have during pregnancy that causes elevated enzymes but not be cholestasis?! :think:

i had another condition on top of OC , it ment that not only my LFT was through the roof ( near 800) but my blood count was only 40 :shock: and i had protein etc in my wee wee , they also check your bile acids , this was raised for me but not as bad if it was just OC i had ( had mild oc severe HELLP) leland was born at 34 weeks , most HELLP babies come early tho and as your 38 weeks i would think it would be unlikely , and if it was HELLP you'd be in hossy , i was in a month !!!! i wouldnt google HELLP either , first thing it says its fatel , nearly had my mum having a heart attack !

Thanks hun! Yeh I have read about HELLP before and I know how serious that is so Im not even thinking along them lines!
Im sorry you had all them things! :hug: :hug: :hug: Must have been so scary for you!?

yes slightly , especially as ill get it again in future even if i was to go on the pill !!! i hadnt even herd of HELLP ! only went into hossy for ablood test for OC and didnt come out till a month later :rotfl: but my baby was healthy and thats all that matterd at the time !!! hope u find out whats up and dont need induction x

Hope you dont mind me sneaking in! I just wanted to say... sometimes i have high LFT's and i have gallstones... is there any chance you could have something like that? Mine arent always high and they aren't usually through the roof when they are, but the stones can cause higher LFT's

Bekie

When i went to see the doctor about my high LFT he said its nothing to worry about and just to do with the hormone changes in pregnancy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back