Let me in!!!!

KateQPR

Reaction score
Hello! Finally i get to come into 2nd tri, a place i never thought i'd make it to!

Just back from a weeks holiday in france (so much nice food i couldnt it. I just love pates and cheeses and ended up the entire week just eating bloomin' baby bell and crisps while my OH munched on brie's and hams...) and have just been to the hospital this morning to see the gynea consultant.

They'd told me my cervix may be weak and i could be at a high risk of late m/c, as i've had two cone biopsies (treatment for early cervical cancer) in the past. He explained i need to decide whether to have a cervical stitch (but the proceedure comes with risk of m/c) or just monitor the situation where they scan my cervix every two weeks to monitor it, but run the risk i may m/c in between scans as the cervix could change and open and they'd miss it..... God i feel like i'm between a rock and a a hard place, and either way i look i just see a big scary risk of losing my baby....

Has anyone had any experience like this? I've got my next cervical scan on Thursday then meeting doc again on Monday to decide what to do. I'm trying to get my old medical records to see if i can get more info on the biopsies i've had and the extent to which they damaged my cervix, but i feel so sad and scared, just when i was getting used to touching my (small) bump and daydreaming about actually having a real baby!

Any advice? Sorry to burst in and dive into the deep end with my first 2nd tri posting......i promise to bring happier posts (and food...) in the future

Kate

I had to have the leep proceedure a few years ago, and when I did they told me I might not be able to have any more kids, because I may have an incompetant cervix. So I know exactly where you're coming from. I also had a pretem baby last pregnancy, and that was before the leep was done. My dr said in the beginning of this pregnancy that I may have to have weekly scans to watch the cervix, but when they did my 17 week and 20 week scans, they decided everything looked pretty good, so they said they'd back of on the scans unless we actually see a problem. So far I'm about 27 weeks, and things aren't too bad. I've had braxton hicks contractions, but they've been very mild. I wish you a happy, healthy pregnancy with no complications, and I hope sharing my story has helped you feel better :) :hug:

hello, welcome hope everything goes ok for you xx

Hi welcome to the 2nd tri :wave:

I can't help I'm afraid as I have no experience of your condition but I hope you can make youe decision :hug: remember there's no right or wrong.

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: Hello and welcome ! Hope all goes well for you. Sorry can't really comment on your condition as I have no experience with it. Best of luck with what ever you decide for :hug:

Hi and welcome. I am going through similarish to you at the moment. I had my last baby very premature at 24+6 weeks which could have been due to an incompetent cervix. I am having cervical measurements every two weeks and also had the option of a stitch before the measurements but am going to wait to see what the measurements do. I have my first one on thursday aswell so we will have to compare cervical length!

Hope you have a long boring pregnancy

Thanks everyone for the welcome! - and Jen you're right, all i want is a long boring pregnancy!!

when's your scan? Mine's thursday. Let me know how it goes, won't you.

x

hiya and welcome to 2nd tri, hope everything goes pk for you in here. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back