Leo's feeds?!?

reillybaby1987

Reaction score
I'm getting quite frustrated, leo's feeds are all over the place, hes 2 weeks old tomorrow, and he is constantly wanting a feed? he's not settling at night after having a bottle, being changed, burped etc? not sure what else to do I feel like im constantly feeding him and that cant be right surely..... has anyone got any suggestions?

please help lol xx

It does feel like that for the first few weeks. Are u bf or ff? If ur bf, thu do feed an awful lot at first to get ur supply up, it's totally normal.

Not sure if ur ff tho :(

Whether you BF or FF he will be all over and have no routine.

His stomach is still so small and that is why newborns need what seems like constant feeding.

We're nearly at 4 weeks now and the feeding is still all over. Just relax and enjoy your time with your little man

Don't get hung up in how long things take and how he settles as he still doesn't know day from night.

It Sounds normal for his age hun. I remember feeling like you But give it time It's What he Need. He will settle. Just think It's not gonna be like this forever that's what Got me through the first weeks xxx

I'm getting quite frustrated, leo's feeds are all over the place, hes 2 weeks old tomorrow, and he is constantly wanting a feed? he's not settling at night after having a bottle, being changed, burped etc? not sure what else to do I feel like im constantly feeding him and that cant be right surely..... has anyone got any suggestions?

please help lol xx

Hun I know how you feel ruby was like this for at least 5 weeks I just fed on demand sometimes she would go an hour and cry wanting another bottle I ended up changing to extra hungry milk and the change was amazing I know a lot of people don't recommend hungry baby milk but it worked for me ruby now goes 3 hours between feeds and is content after a feed ( the first weeks he would be crying for milk all the time ) the hungry milk fills her alot more and because of this she settles really well. Xxx

Are you using any colic relief hun? Bertie was exactly the same until I started using infacol. They can't tell the difference between hunger and tummy/wind pain. He's a sod to bring his wind up at the best of times but an over tired mummy+awkward baby+trapped wind very nearly equalled a daddy with a black eye lol

As others have said its totally normal for them to feed constantly for the first few weeks. It went on for a while for me & I found it quite hard at times but try to use the time to rest & put your feet up. Get a big bar of chocolate, a pile of DVDs & focus on feeding that baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back