Lengthening time between feeds ?

Melanie3103

Reaction score
During the night my LO (4wks old) seems to have 'cracked it' - he goes at least 2hrs between feeds, often its 3-4 hours in fact - we've even had a couple of 6hrs breaks (!)...

But during the day hes a grazer... He eats little n often. Which in the short term is ok but some days i'm keen to get other stuff done. He gives me feeding queues (licking/smacking lips and sucking fingers etc) so we feed and he has 1-2oz then either plays with teat like hes had enough or he falls asleep. I try burp then encourage more feed but more often than not he has no more, and wont give me feeding queues again for another 30-60mins. Fortunately the feed i made up is often still ok (going by the 1-2 hour rule) otherwise we'd waste such a lot.

We have a feeding record app and he is having 10-14 feeds a day as the breaks between feeds is often an hour or so. Over the day hes consuming 21-25oz which for a 10lb 5 weeks old is about right so im not worried hes eating enough over the day.

Thoughts ? Lots of my friends feed their LO of similar age just 6-8 feeds per day.

X

I've not got any advice really Hun but just to say my lo is exactly the same such a grazer this is why I struggled to ebf I think it drives me mad just wish she would take a bit more xx

Omg didn't mean to post the above stupid phone grrrrrr

Was going to say my lo is the same too I am so pleased when she goes two hrs between feeds. I'm starting to feel trapped on the sofa. I'm topping up feeds with an ounce of formula sometimes it buys me time and others it doesn't. I've even now resorted to a dummy xx

How old is your baby Mel? mine has started to do this over the last 3 days and its doing my head in, Im trying not to stress but its so sporadic in the day, an ounce, 2 ounces then as u said playing with the bottle/sleeping...he's a starver then in the evening! HV weighed him on wed and hes 11.11 (5 wks old on sat) so I mean he's doing really well, I just worry that he'll lose weight now or isn't well! plus, ive been trapped in the living room it seems all day ( but im too knackered to move anyway) just wondering if this is a 'normal' phase now! lol, you get into a sort of routine and then they change! x

just re read your post and can see yours is 5 weeks old too...so maybe this is what they do???! haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back