Time between feed?

Tiggy26

Reaction score
Hi.

Antonio has started to drain his 5oz bottles recently so we have increased it to 6oz which he takes happily.

The one thing im worried about is the length of time between his feeds, when he has a 6oz bottle he doesnt seem to want anymore milk until 5 hours later and sometimes longer making it 6hrs! :shock: when it gets to 5 hrs and he hasnt "asked" for milk i just offer him another 6oz bottle anyway but he only takes about 3-4oz of it which means that by the next feed he will not want 6oz.

Problem here is that sometimes he doesnt have his daily minimum milk e.g 2.5oz per 1lb that he weighs so he should now be having around 30oz minimum per day (or so HV says) but if i leave it too long between feeds he doesnt take 30oz over the day/night and if i feed him more frequent with smaller bottles he gets grumpy. Any of this make sence? lol

T xx

I think it's really easy to get worried about feeding. To be honest Tiggy, I think that if Antonio is hungry, he will let you know. Formula is filling for babies and you should probably see it as a good thing that he is going for so long without a feed.

I assume he is putting on weight? If so, then follow his lead and just feed when he is hungry. A baby generally won't starve itself! xxxxxx

My LO always had less than what the feeding tables on the formula tin suggested. As long as his weight increases follows the same centile line on his growth chart, then I would say just be guided by your baby's hunger.

leland doesnt take 35 oz no way ! prob about 25 cos he rarely finishes his 6oz bottle unless his gone longer without a feed . and his still gaining weight about a 1lb evey 2 weeks :shock: so im not worrying .

im pretty sure babies dont know how to starve themselves and sooo sure they soon let u know when there hungry !

imagine you were breast feeding - you would have no idea how much he was taking and would just go on whether he seems hungry. If he is happyt and still growing well then he is havign enough and you are doing well - don't worry :) :hug:

Thanks for your replies girls. Antonio is following his centile line perfectly and putting on weight, he seems happy and alert e.t.c so maybe I should just stop worrying. Im just sooo used to him wanting a feed every 2.5-3hrs and i suppose i just get scared that he goes so long now that we have increased his milk.

T xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back