Leg Cramp - OMG OUCH!

munchkin1982

Reaction score
OMG! I had the most severe leg cramp just then :-(

I fell asleep on the sofa for an hour and then as I woke up I woke up to the most painful leg cramp I have EVER had. It was like someone was sawing down my leg (right calf mainly).

As I tried getting up off sofa I couldn't stand and sort of fell to the floor - good job the sofa isn't that high and I have a "big bum" lol but still... the pain!

Is this normal? I know leg cramps in late pregnancy are common but as severe as this? I really felt like I was actually loosing my leg... :shock: xx

hey! i hope youre ok!! i have heard leg cramp is common but not sure to what extent lol! i get it in my right calf but nowhere near as badly as you describe! apparently cramps are due to lack of sodium in diet (salT i guess) but dont go and eat loads of salt lol that wouldnt be good! i would mention it to midwife if you see her again lol x

Eek that sounds a bit scary!! I can't help as I hardly ever get cramp (probably because I do eat a lot of salt if that's true!)
Maybe baby was sitting in a funny position as well so made it extra bad? Hope you don't get it while out and about lol :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back