Leap year.. hmmmmmmmm

Krystal

Reaction score
hmm a post in Tri 3 made me think....

what happens if your born on a leap year.. Feb 29th.. what happens on the years when Feb 29th doesn't exist :think:

You don't get older that year :cheer:

I thought this thread was gonna be about proposing. I was ready to post :talkhand: and :shakehead: and :bored: and :puke: and :rotfl:

lou said:
I was ready to post :talkhand: and :shakehead: and :bored: and :puke: and :rotfl:
:rotfl: :rotfl:

i dont know,... would your birthday change to 1st march??

i went to school with someone who was born on 29th of Feb.... He used to always say stuff like you can't be mean to me I'm only 3 years old :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Squiglet said:
i went to school with someone who was born on 29th of Feb.... He used to always say stuff like you can't be mean to me I'm only 3 years old :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

He deserved a clip round the ear for being a little smart ass :) I bet the kids used to say things like "er...do you still wear nappies then"? !!!!

:rotfl:

well i was hoping someone would have a serious answer for me :shakehead:

lou said:
Squiglet said:

He deserved a clip round the ear for being a little smart ass :) I bet the kids used to say things like "er...do you still wear nappies then"? !!!!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: yup! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Sweetcheeks24 said:
well i was hoping someone would have a serious answer for me :shakehead:

Sorry Miss Sweetcheeks :oops:

Seriously hun. I don't know? :think:

ooh ooh if anyone interested:

A person born on February 29 may be called a "leapling". In common years they usually celebrate their birthdays on 28 February or 1 March.

For legal purposes, their legal birthdays depend on how different laws count time intervals. In Taiwan, for example, the legal birthday of a leapling is 28 February in common years, so a Taiwanese leapling born on February 29, 1980 would have legally reached 18 years old on February 28, 1998.

In some situations, March 1 is used as the birthday in a non-leap year since it then is the day just after February 28.

There are many instances in children's literature where a person's claim to be only a quarter of their actual age turns out to be based on counting only their leap-year birthdays. A similar device is used in the plot of the Gilbert and Sullivan operetta The Pirates of Penzance.

my dads friend was born on a leap year and he told my dad his mum said she was given a choice of either february the 28th or march 1st.

xxxxx

alschafr's birthday is feb 29th

I think they just celebrate their birthday on the 28th of Feb or 1st March. I would hate to be born on the 29th Feb.

i dunno i think i would pick the 1st march another day younger haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back