Yes or no to a leap year baby?

CarlyD

Reaction score
I'm very keen not to go over my due date so will be trying various ways to naturally induce labour beforehand! But should I wait until after 29th of Feb? I know its unlikely I could naturally induce myself *that* early (due 16th March), but could be a risk. Is the leap year a bad thing though? Would you rather be very unique or just have a proper birthday you can celebrate on the correct day every year? Thoughts please :) xxx

I thonk Pip will be born on the leap year (I will be 9 days over by then). I don't want him born on the leap year. I want my baby to have a proper birthday every year (sorry to anyone born on a leap year!)

But I think the reason it took us so long to get pg (2 and a half years) is cos Pip was waiting for a leap year!! He is due so close to it I can just see it happening!!

I dont want my little fella coming on the 29th Feb. I'm due on the 21st and everyone keeps joking that it will be a leap year baby.

Fingers crossed he comes before the 29th or I will have to sit with my legs crossed

Yeah we keep getting everyone mention the leap year to us! You just know it will happen haha. to be honest as long as baby comes out healthy i really dont mind x

I'm due the same day as you CarlyD, and I am more worried about a April Fools baby.

im due on 24th, so could very well have a leap year baba!! xx

Are babys born on the 29th not given the 1st march on the birth cert?

Or ya could be realy mean n only give them a present every 4 years n save a fortune hehehe

Im due the 1st March so I might be having the same thing hubbies birthday is 23rd Feb and mines the 2nd March so somewhere inbetween might be nice but I have something about the 10th March in my head!! Hmmmmm......

Last edited:
Oh my god I didn't even think about April fools! Don't want that either lol! Baby will be persuaded to make an appearance in MARCH! Lol :) xx

I'm due 25th!!! But will prob arrive early though I'm not expected to go to term hubby's birthday is 7th feb and I'm not allowed to have him then lol I have to cross my legs lmao xxx

Hee hee I'm born on a leap year! I actually really love it because it makes me feel more special. I celebrate on the 28th Feb when there is not a leap year and everyone treats it as if my real birthday but I get an extra special birthday every 4 years which lasts days! Everyone makes a big fuss of me!!

I'm going to be 7 in leap years ;-)

Xx

Ps to be fair I obviously never had a choice in the matter - but my parents didn't want me to be born on a leap year! They love it now. Hugsy - my birth certificate says 29th Feb as that's the day i was born.

I don't want a leap year baby fx that I won't be getting one. I would rather my baby have the same birthday every year and not one proper birthday every 4 years. Although I think it would be great being a leapling I personally wouldn't want to be or my baby to be. x

Every baby born in 2012 is a leap year baby only those born on 29th feb are leap day babies also known as leaplings.

My daughter is a leapling and her first official birthday is next year she will be 1 (4 really).

I had her 4 week early naturally - she wanted a special day.

I would of loved this one to be leap day but doubt I'll go that late lol. But I'll have two leap year babies one in 2008 and the other 2012!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back