Last day fully bfing

weenik

Reaction score
Today is the last day I'm going to be fully breast feeding Dylan - I'm planning to just feed him first thing in the morning and last thing at night with all other feeds using a bottle :( I've expressed loads so he'll be getting that milk for a while but when it's finished I'll be going onto formula then eventually stopping breast feeding altogether. I'm going back to work in 8 weeks so I want to have him off the boob by then. I'm very sad about it because I love feeding him but it's what I think is best. Now I need to decide what formula to use :think:

I dunno, maybe gain some advice from your HV or doctor about which formula to use, as they are all different and your baby has needs.

Personally, I am using Aptamil and it's the only formula Joseph can keep down fully, however, I've moved onto the stage 2, for hungrier babies.

Maybe, alternate formula with breast milk, one bottle of formula and the next bottle BM, until the BM runs out as you said you have them in a bottle. It might help ease your baby into it better? Not saying you should, just saying it may help the transition? (please don't take me as giving you an order, not meant like that :oops: )

Good luck whatever you decide to do, 8 weeks is plenty of time to ween xx

good luck hun, stopping BFing was a suprisingly emotional time for me i found it very, very hard! i last BF on feb 14th, i still hav milk but my boobs are finally starting to go down (still sore tho) and my hormones are all over the place because of it. if u find it hard and u need to talk im here to support ya! :hug:

forgot to say, millie's on hipp organic follow-on formula. i bought a tin of sma gold first but she prefers this. (also tried ready-made cartons of aptamil, cow&gate, and farleys)

i think older babies are probably easier to formula-feed, u dont need to be so stringent with sterilizing and switching brands etc.

i am actually glad iv stopped BFing now, even tho i do miss it and am so tempted sometimes as i kno i still could its not dried up yet! but it is good to move on and get ur life back!

(sorry 2 double-post couldnt find the edit button idk why :wall: )

(*edit* its there now- mustve been my eyes going funny lol)

Good luck, hope it goes well. It sounds like you've made the right decision for you.

Austin's on Hipp Organic too, he started on it at 6 months but I was advised to give the stage 1 formula to begin with as the 6 month + one can be a bit heavy if baby is used to breast milk & it could make him constipated. I swapped to follow-on after about 7 weeks of stage 1.

Thanks girls :hug: Josephine_Beth, I will be giving formula slowly like you mentioned and alternating it with EBM until he gets used to it - just going to stick with EBM for the first day or 2 so he gets used to the bottle. I've bought Aptamil to try that - just the first stage one because I agree with what maybebaby has said about others being a bit strong just now and Aptamil is supposed to be the closest to breast milk. I'll see how we get on with that first then maybe try a follow-on one later (only thing is that the first stage Aptamil says that you can use it up until 12 months so I'm not sure about changing it if it agrees with him).
Trixipaws, I'm sure I'll feel emotional so I may come to you to ask what you done to cope with it - it's going to be strange but, like you I suppose I will enjoy having my boobs back.

Maybebaby, just noticed your ticker....good luck :pray:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back