Last appointment with midwife?

NIE

Reaction score
:pray: :pray: :pray:

Getting ready to go to my 40 week appointment with my midwife.

I'm hoping that she has some good news for me and that she'll be visiting baby at home in the next few days.

Can anyone tell me if she will offer a sweep/induction date for the future, or will I have to wait another week or so. xxx

hi i went to consultant at 40+1 last friday and asked about sweep so she did it there and then and i have to go back this friday for induction date and check up again with the consultant i will be 40+8 then :D

She'll probably book you in again for a weeks time and then they'll put you in for an induction and perhaps try a sweep. It's usually only if you go over that they'll do that as they prefer for it all to happen naturally.

Fingers crossed for you though. I'm incredibly jealous you're at the end now and I feel like I have a million weeks left!

Well I'm back. :D

I have some good news.......My little monkey has finally deceided to start engaging. He's only 1/5 engaged so still 4/5 to go but I'm pleased with that. I was begining to think he never would engage.

I will get an appointment time tomorrow to see the consultant at the hospital next Tuesday for a possible sweep/induction. I have been told that as I will only be T + 6, I might have a bit of a fight on my hands so I'll have to play it up a wee bit. They usually don't do anything here until your T + 10-14.

Fingers crossed I won't need the appointment anyway. xxx

:cheer: fingers crossed it all gets going naturally for you hon xx :hug:

I hope it happens soon for you! I can only imagine how uncomfortable you must be feeling - I was thoroughly fed up at 37 weeks and the thought that potentially I could still be pregnant for another week, if I had gone 2 weeks overdue, fills me with dread! :rotfl:

I had my VERY last midwife visit today - they come till baby is 28 days old - so it feels like the end of an era! (until baby number 2 comes along :shock: :shock: :shock: think we'll wait a few years! )

Kylie1007 said:
I hope it happens soon for you! I can only imagine how uncomfortable you must be feeling - I was thoroughly fed up at 37 weeks and the thought that potentially I could still be pregnant for another week, if I had gone 2 weeks overdue, fills me with dread! :rotfl:

I had my VERY last midwife visit today - they come till baby is 28 days old - so it feels like the end of an era! (until baby number 2 comes along :shock: :shock: :shock: think we'll wait a few years! )

We only get visits from our midwife for the first 10 days here, and then we contact the health visitor if we need her. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back