Ladies who have had a sweep.

ishah2124

Reaction score
For all the ladies who have had the sweep, did it hurt lots and did it make a difference?
Who did you go with, your partners?
Iv'e got mines booked for Thursday and quite scared lol.

38+6

I had 2 sweeps, really thought the first one would do the trick as I was already starting to dilate think it was 1 or 2 cms. Doesn't really hurt, the midwife sweeps her finger over the cervix to try and get things moving, some ladies go into labour within 48 hours after. After my 2nd sweep I was now 3cms dilate and could stretch to 4, I went into labour 3 days later at 2 in the morning :). I was due to go to the hospital at 8am to be induced lol! My midwife done the sweeps and I didn't have anyone with me, it was easy for me really and its over quick. It's a similar feeling to a smear test.

:hug:

Try not to worry!!

I have one booked for a week on Tuesday. My OH wont be going with me, but the building is only about 3 mins walk from my house, so no need for him to go.

I've not had one before! Interested to see people's reply's.

:)

Ahh, some people have said it really hurts so just wondered :) I dont want to go alone so may take my OH with me but then I may tell him to just wait in the waiting room lol x

My OH makes me more nervous in situations like that so he's staying at home. Waiting in the waiting room sounds good at least he'll be there for moral support & can go in with you if you decide!

I've heard it hurts ever so slightly more than getting a smear i've never had a smear so couldn't tell you.

Had internals while pregnant though, I think it will be slightly uncomfortable for a couple of mins but not unbearable!!

:)

If it helps... I often find that having my smear test done is more painful than a sweep... ;-)

Easier said than done, but don't panic. It's not "painful" just a little "uncomfortable" for a very short amount of time. :hugs: xx

I had a sweep with my last baby at 40 +1 it didn't hurt, i went in to labour that night, fx for you hun. x

Sounds very effectiveeee :) omg im so nervous about the whole birth thing ...I know im asking for it to come quickly but I swear I'll be like omg omg not yet lol

I had five sweeps in all, by five different people (nice!) starting at 38 weeks. None of them worked! I wouldn't say they were painful but a little bit weird, nothing to worry about - my baby just didn't want to come out anyway.

I had five sweeps in all, by five different people (nice!) starting at 38 weeks. None of them worked! I wouldn't say they were painful but a little bit weird, nothing to worry about - my baby just didn't want to come out anyway.

baby was too comfy haha ahhh ok i suppose its just different for everyone :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back