Lactose intolerant

JonesyToBe

Reaction score
When I was younger, I was diagnosed as lactose intolerant, aged around 3-4 I grew out of it.
I was wondering if it could come back during pregnancy as ever since i found out milk is making me very windy/gassy and i've been struggling with constipation.
Not sure what to look for in regards to this on google so was just looking for abit of advice
xx

I've heard of people who we're lactose before they became pregnant but during pregnancy it seemed to disappear only to return after they had given birth.
xxx

I'm lactose intolerant, and I wasn't aware it could come and go as an adult as its a loss of the enzyme that digests the milk sugars in the gut. I was told once its gone it's gone (apart from the odd meal with those amazing tablets from holland and Barrett lol), I developed it after a nasty bout of food poisoning a couple of years ago.
Maybe you're just generally suffering with wind and constipation as intolerances generally cause the very opposite of constipation? I'd suggest just cutting back on the things you think are causing it and see what happens.
Hope you figure out what it is :)

I think if it was lactose intolerance you would know, I was as a kid and grew out of it and it came back when pregnant, I have had constipation but put that down to pregnancy but I can't drink milk without pain and throwing up and cheese, yougurts and dairy I won't touch at all. You could have a glass of milk to find out but does just sound like pregnancy.

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk

I'm intolerant to dairy, but since being pregnant I've craved yogurts and milkshakes and just allowed myself to have them.
I haven't had all my usual symptoms that I would normally get when I eat dairy (blockages in the intestines which causes extreme pain, IBS etc) so I'm not sure whether the pregnancy has stopped the intolerance or not lol.
But dairy is generally so bad for you anyway so I think I'll go back to staying off it after LO arrives x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back