comfort milk / aptamil easy digest, few qu's

laracomps

Reaction score
we have been struggling with phoebe being pretty windy. i changed her bottles and it seems to have improved a bit. HV suggested trying the comfort milk. She is taking very small amounts of milk at the moment, seems to then to massive burp, perhaps up to 30mins later, and then is starving. So it seems the wind is still causing her problems. She goes all white around the mouth and forehead. She also has hiccups ALL the time.

So I think it may be time to try the new milk. Seeing as Phoebe is currenlty on Aptamil - would it make more sense to switch her to Aptamil Easy Digest? Would it be an easier switch for her? Also the Easy digest says it has less lactose in - is this the same with Comfort? It doesn't say on their website. As I am lactose intolerant, I still wonder if this could be part of the problem. Who knows, but less isn't going to hurt is it. :think:

Also do I just switch her completely over to the new milk?

Do you think it will help?

At 8 weeks i swapped my son from the cow and gate 1 formula to the cow and gate comfort milk and i saw a massive change in him within a week. Now it didnt totally solve the colicy issues but he was alot more settled between feeds and started sleeping though the nights. So id def recommend swapping to your brand of comfort milk.

Id just change it, might be a little unsettled the first couple days but stick at it and you should see results within days. Like i said it doesnt quiet solves the colic moments id say mabe once a day he'd need winding for about half an hour before he clamed down! but that was much better than screaming though the day and waking in the night!!!

Ever since i swapped he slept from 7.30pm till 6am 8)

Hiya, I swapped Layla from Aptamil 1 to Easy Digest a couple of wks ago due to excessive wind and she seems be much better on it. It's much thicker so therefore they have to drink a little slower and it seems to make them less windy. I also recommend Colief, you add it to the milk half an hour before feeding and it helps relieve wind/colic. Layla's much more settled between feeds and sleeping longer.

Just to prewarn you though, it turns their poo green and it's a bit stinkier :oops: :puke: Apparently that's normal though so don't be alarmed when you find green poop :shock:

We switched her to Comfort last night... Wanted the Easy Digest really, but couldn't find anywhere that sold it!! Will see how she goes on that for a while. Pain in the arse making feeds fresh each time mind you :wall:

Where do you buy it KJL? I tried 2 Tescos, and a Boots!

laracomps said:
We switched her to Comfort last night... Wanted the Easy Digest really, but couldn't find anywhere that sold it!! Will see how she goes on that for a while. Pain in the arse making feeds fresh each time mind you :wall:

Where do you buy it KJL? I tried 2 Tescos, and a Boots!

I bought it in Boots, there is a big one down trhe road from us, it's not the easiest to find though. You could try looking online?

Harry is on the comfort too - expect really stinky nappies, stock up on air freshener

We noticed an improvement straight away

Well her farts have certainly gotten smellier today (tmi!) :rotfl:

I *think* she is more settled but I am not sure yet. She is feeding little and often, its so tiring. HV is coming to watch her feed tomorrow.

Thanks KJL. Boots don't have it online. Will have to try a bigger one. Not sure I should switch her now I have put her on the Comfort one though?! This babies malarky is hard work and v confusing!

:hug:

laracomps said:
Well her farts have certainly gotten smellier today (tmi!) :rotfl:

:rotfl: Sometimes I find it hard to believe that my little princess can produce such offensive smells :rotfl:

what about baby soya milk? If he's lactose intolerant like you, it might really help him.

You can get it at larger chemists I think. Although it does say only to switch to it on the advce of a GP.

K.xx

i can always get the easy digest stuff from sainsburys - my DH says her trumps smell worse then when the cat lets one go :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

cheers i managed to find easy digest in boots. it wasn't with the normal aptamil hence why i couldn't see it. asda had it too. :wall:

she seems better on this than the comfort one. anyone know how different they are?

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back