Labour worries - dont read if TMI on my last labour!!

Tracey M

Reaction score
Hi girls

Now I am well into Tri 2, I've started worrying about labour - warning - dont read on if you dont want to hear my horror story from 5 years ago!!

My labour was 36 hours, I was tired, hungry and in pain. Baby was back to back and I just would not dialate. Early labour started at 5am on 5th September. Established labour started at 11pm on 5th September and they gave me pethadine. I remember thinking the jag in my bum was excrutiating!! At 2am I was given 2nd injection of pethadine. At 4am I was only 4cm dilated but they took me to delivery room where I fnially got gas and air and they broke my waters, all hell broke lose then and if you saw the episode on OBEM where the woman would not give up her gas and air - that was me!! well, not actually me lol. By 8am I was stuck at 8cm and they could not give me any more drugs so called in to give me epidural, even though it was on my notes not to due to my back problem (2 prolapsed disks - hence my pain on a back to back labour). They just took over the situtuation it was like I was there but not there...It was like an angel had walked in and made it all better - I said to him as he left "anaesthetists rock" rofl.....I was in zero pain by now so could finally get some rest but I had monitiors everywhere. I had the thing attached to Joshuas scalp, the strap around my abdomen, the epidural in my back, a clip on my finger and eventually a drip with anti biotics in me as I ended up with infection - I could not sleep cos I could not move and when you cant move, baby naturally does not go south! At 3pm I was still 8cm so they prepped me for emergency c section but I then went into shock, was shivvering like mad, hubby praying into a bible was not helping!! They rushed for forceps and I decided to fully dilate and 3 pushes later he was out at 4pm on 6th September - the pushing was the easy bit for me (easy to say when I had no pain)
There is no way I could have gone through this without epidural so I'm now totally stressing that my hospital (the only one in the area) does not do epidural......really, what if it happens again - I will start to demand a c section even though its the last thing I want!! My hospital is 30-45 mins drive away depending on traffic and the nearest one with epidural service is an hour and a half away!! My local hospital says they have one on one midwife and I will be fine! I suppose that everyone in the area manages it without epidural, women in Africa etc dont even get a paracetomol, so maybe I should just get a grip of myself and deal with it - so why am I so scared???? I'm sorry if this post frightens any of you guys out there who have not had the pleasure (ahem) of labour yet - I know my problem last time is rare and hopefully 2nd baby will not cause me the same grief. Hey one thing they say is totally true....as soon as baby is out, the pain goes and you really do forget all the pain you have just suffered....

Last edited:
Im the same im terrified of being strapped to all the machines again and another back to back labour also i hope the placenta comes out this time as i dont want to go through that again.
Im going to talk to my midwife about it and put in my plan that i want to be able to move around this time.

I'm thinking pool and pilates ball.....

Good point if your in the birthing pool they wont be able to keep you strapped to those awful machines.
I broke 3 of them last time (dont know how but it annoyed the midwife) but she insisted i stayed hooked up to the 3rd one incase it started working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back