Labour sign spotting

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: Oww! That sounds painful! I hope you are ok, maybe James is engaging? :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I've got a lot of pressure in my bum today, feels like I need a number 2 when I don't and is driving me nuts. Feel very sore and have a niggly pain in my lower abdomen. It hurts when I bend.
Felt like I had a spike up there walking James to school this morning. Logan must be further down too.

Hopefully neither of us will have long to wait now :pray:

just an awful lot of pressure for me down there

had a good sleep mind, strange and do have an urge to clean today

terrible sharp pains as like everyone else baby seems to try and grind down there and hiccups in my bum like Tilly

x

good going BH this morning for me - were coming every 10 minutes but nothing for the past hour :(

back is aching and tummy feels sooo huge just cant get comfy anywhere - getting fed up now - my first 2 were here by now and really though this one would be too

James was late for school this morning cos I was so busy throwing up :wall: First time I've done that for a while!

No other signs apart from the heavy feeling I get down below when I'm walking.

I think this thread just proves there are no signs of labour, only signs that we are definately in tri 3 :cry:

:hug: :hug: :hug: MM throwing up could be a good sign though! :cheer: :cheer: hope you managed a real life number 2 today!

I am shivering today and feel loopy. I got up and cried my eyes out at 5am :lol: Now Im sittting here all dented and contemplating walking to the shop for some bread and ice.

MM I think you're right, there are no labour signs.....just Tri 3 signs :(

Oh! I did LOADS!! of number 2's yesterday, but felt like them all day even when there was none there. My number one's and two's are so tiny these days though, they're hardly worth the effort of walking to the loo! :oops: :oops: :oops:

muppetmummy said:
Oh! I did LOADS!! of number 2's yesterday, but felt like them all day even when there was none there. My number one's and two's are so tiny these days though, they're hardly worth the effort of walking to the loo! :oops: :oops: :oops:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: you cant exactly save them up either can you :think: this bit of pregnancy is so crap :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Well I got well excited last night because I got really bad backache (worst yet) and contractions started to become more painful - so I had a bad night's "sleep" being woken up by them and dreaming I was in labour.

I'm still getting the contractions today and I feel very 'full' down there so I'm expecting the midwife to tell me I'm getting close to full engagement this afternoon... :pray:

I just can't see how I can POSSIBLY go on much longer. I can barely move, I'm in a lot of pain and I'm a heffalump :wall:

me too debecca

had such a bad night and pressure is so intense

braxtons are more tight

wonder how long this is going to go on, I can't get comfy to even watch a film or read a book...just don't know what to do with myself ...

Hi ladies. Nothing to report from me today. I don't think my bubs is coming any time soon. I was having immense pressure down below but in the last few days that seems to have gone and I now have rib pain so I think she has come right out of my pelvis. The only new thing to report is swollen fingers. Oh and BOREDOM and FRUSTRATION! Arghh stop the merry-go-round I want to get off!

Ginnymarie said:
wonder how long this is going to go on, I can't get comfy to even watch a film or read a book...just don't know what to do with myself ...

That's the killer isn't it? No concentration span to watch TV or read a book and it hurts to do it anyway. I've been trying to do bits of my masters assignment but I can't even rest the stuff on my lap because I can't see over my bump :rotfl:

debecca said:
Well I got well excited last night because I got really bad backache (worst yet) and contractions started to become more painful - so I had a bad night's "sleep" being woken up by them and dreaming I was in labour.

I'm still getting the contractions today and I feel very 'full' down there

Hey, i'm from first tri, just having a nosey around here.

I reckon the baby will be here by the morning debecca :)

We went out for a meal last night for OH's birthday. Had a monster backache throughout but nothing came of it :doh:

This morning I feel really, really sick and have a dodgy tummy. Also feel the backache coming back again.

With James I didn't have any pains apart from on the day I went into labour!
This time I've had weeks of pain with no gain!! :wall: :wall:

:hug: MM- I'm sending you all my labour dust!

Get down to some serious lovin' with your OH!
action-smiley-031.gif

Take a walk - Going for gently walks (making sure that you don't overexert yourself and wear yourself out before labour starts) is thought to help bring on labour as the movement encourages your baby to adopt an appropriate birthing position and engage their head if they have not done so before. Additionally, being in an upright position enables your baby's head to exert pressure on your cervix and this helps to stimulate the release of oxytocin, the body's contraction hormone.

Have a relaxing bath - Some believe that you won't go into labour until you are mentally ready so if you are feeling anxious about the impending birth taking a relaxing bath can help. Try adding a drop or two of clary sage essential oil as this is this is thought to help reduce labour stress and may even stimulate uterine contractions. You could also ask your partner to give you a relaxing massage.

Stimulate your nipples - Periodically stimulating your nipples is thought to bring on contractions by 'encouraging' the release of oxytocin into the body; this hormone plays an important role in the dilation of the cervix and in uterine contractions throughout labour. Oxytocin is also involved in the release of milk during breastfeeding so by mimicking a baby's sucking action labour may be cued. The idea is to gently massage the whole areola area of each breast with the palm of your hand. You would need to do this for roughly 15 - 20 minutes several times a day but when effective this is said to bring on very strong contractions so approach with care!

Eat spicy foods - Many swear by eating spicy foods to bring on labour however there is little evidence that this is actually the case. The theory goes that as the cervix and part of the digestive system are connected by the same neural network, stimulating one will stimulate the other. It is certainly true that the bowel is often stimulated during early labour as the cervix begins to dilate however there is little evidence that the reverse is true. It is on this believe that caster oil is often recommended - take heed, this is unlikely to speed things up and instead may make you very sick and dehydrated which isn't a great way to start labour. So, if you enjoy a nice spicy curry then why not indulge just in case but if you have a sensitive stomach or suffer with heartburn it may be better to give this remedy a miss!

Try Raspberry Leaf Tea - While raspberry leaf tea is thought by many to bring on labour it is actually more effective in preparing and strengthening the uterus for a smoother birth. It can be taken in tea or tablet form after the 34th week of pregnancy and while it may not make baby come any earlier, it may make the birthing process a little easier.

Acupuncture and homeopathy - Complementary therapies can be useful in relaxing you in preparation for labour and can also be used throughout to reduce discomfort and stress. Some believe that when carried out by a qualified practitioner they can also help to induce labour.

Have sex - If you feel up to it having some pre-baby sex can help to bring on labour. The movement can help to stimulate the oxytocin release that initiates contractions (this hormone is also produced during orgasm so it needn't be full sex if you can't negotiate it!) and semen contains prostaglandins that help to soften the cervix in preparation for dilation. While sex during pregnancy will not harm your baby, you should refrain if your waters have already broken as this could cause an infection.

Bounce on a birthing ball - Spending time sitting and rocking on your birth ball is not only incredibly comforting on your back and pelvis during the final stages of pregnancy but can also help to get labour started as it provides a gentle, less energetic way to get your baby into an optimum birthing position and encourage their head to engage.

x

another evening of strong reglular BH which wore off overnight :wall: :wall: - lost a bit of plug last night though so hopefully something is happening. Just had a nice warm bath then planning to walk round and round the garden (dont want to risk being seen waddling in public :lol:) My youngest has decided to develop chickenpox this morning so could really do with being in hospital busy having a baby and leave my mum to cope with the itching and calamine :)

Thanks Keeley :D I have tried all of those apart from the acupuncture and homeopathy though!
I just don't think Logans fully cooked yet :doh:

Thanks for the labour dust Jade :hug: :hug: I will pounce on OH when he gets home from work :lol:

keeley said:
Take a walk
Have a relaxing bath
Stimulate your nipples
Eat spicy foods
Try Raspberry Leaf Tea
Acupuncture and homeopathy
Have sex
Bounce on a birthing ball -

Walk? I can barely waddle without feeling like I'm being violaed with a sharp stick!
Relaxing Bath? :rotfl: Everytime I get in the bath baby decides it's 'Rave Time'! Plus getting into the bath leaves me out of breath! :lol:
Nipple Stimulation? :puke: Makes me feel ill...
Spicy Foods+Constant Wind= NICE!
Raspberry Leaf Tea is gross! The tablets seem to make me have painful BHs so I've cut down to 1 a day now :roll:
Acupuncture- the only needle I care for is an epidural needle!
Sex? What's that then? :think: LOL, if I didn't have constant wind, hairy legs and constant wind I'd probably give that one a go.... :wink:
Birthing Ball... mine has replaced the computer chair! :wink: :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back