labour question

Jadie

Reaction score
Hello,

I was just wondering wether you can still feel the baby move when you start to have contractions?

thanks

Not 100% sure, I thought baby stopped moving as much so he or she can conserve energy for labour.

do you think youve gone into labour then??

No, I just wondered because sometimes I have had pains but he has been moving still!

Like you said I think they would stop moving so much!!

hiya, my little girl was born at 29 weeks and she kicked all the way out but once she was out she just lay theer and they rushed her away to scbu she just needed help breathing an within a few hours seh was fine.

so im guessing all babies are different on how they react to contractions im just thinking maybe because adele was so small she had loads of room to wriggle where as a full term baby wouldnt so im not sure now

My little daughter kept moving loads when I was in labour!!! Actually I can't remember when she stopped, but I can assure you not till my contractions were 3/4 minutes apart!
I remember sitting on my gym ball and posting on this forum at 10:00pm that night and still feeling her! And she was born at 02:38 am...5 hours later!

I guess it just depends on your baby, your body, how much pain you can take (your baby migt still be moving but you focus more on the pain!), the way baby is lying inside, and the kind of labour you're having! no golden rule, to my mind :)

Hope these signs are good, then! :wink:

mel xx

Thanks girls!!

This forum is a great help isnt it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member