water infection

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by Layla, Jan 9, 2006.

1. Layla

Layla Well-Known Member

does anyone know if a water infection this late on could cause contractions?

im starting to wonder wether thats what i have, i feel sick on and off, get back ache on and off, plus went very dizzy on saturday.

i have been getting contractions/tightenings on and off for a few days which havent gone in to anything, so just wondering wether there is another cause to it rather than think im haveing false labours.

anyone had this before?

xx

2. michelle82

michelle82 Well-Known Member

I think infections can cause something as in early pregnancy your meant to keep an eye out on things as it can cause early labour!

3. Yvonne

Yvonne Well-Known Member

I'm not sure to be honest layla, when i had my water infection for about 5 weeks, they kept saying that it is not a major infection so they are not worried about early labour or anything, but i know you have to be careful.

I was going to say it could be your cervix softening and dilating but it's already done that hasn't it?!

Ring your doctors and see if they will just give a sample a quick check just to put your mind at ease.