'Know it all' friends

NicciLove

Reaction score
Does anyone have one of those 'friends' that seem to have an unwanted opinion on every stage of your pregnancy??

Don't get me wrong I apprechiate all helpfull hints and really enjoy other peoples experiences but I have this one friend who really seems to wind me up. I have quite a few friends with children but its only her comments that really make me go :shock:
I know this is my first and i don't know everything but it just feels very condescending when it comes from her.

She even reminded me how many weeks i have to go yet . . . . . . . in case i forgot i suppose :eh:

She obviously doesnt know about PF, which is the first place i would go to for advice!!

Sorry just needed a rant :(

I hear ya!! My OH's best mate was just at the birth of his ex girlfriend's baby (very complicated, not his baby) anyways, seen him tonight, baby is now a few weeks old and he's telling me that I want a section cause that's the easiest option, and I should do this that and the next thing :shock: Apparently I was a little short with him! :oooo:

My auntie's like this and then she'll turn around and say 'don't let anyone tell you what to do!' - a total cow! I'm sick of everyone's opinions!

She asked what she could buy me so i showed her a Bumbo seat. My mate raved about hers. I then got this bullshit that my baby will have a bad back if it sat in that chair! Yeah...because i'm sure british standards would allow such a death trap to be sold!

haha i have been quite good controlling my anger in relation to her comments. I have also decided that from now on i must not make ANY comments on facebook regarding my pregnancy to just avoid falling out with her.

I feel a bit better knowing im not the only one, i was starting to feel bad about how i was feeling towards her!

I haven't got a know it all friend but I think my best mates jelous! She keeps going on about how she's lost her drinking partner ( I never went out drinking with her anyway lol ) and says once the babies born we're going out drinking straight away... Yep cos I'm gonna wanna go out straight away!! She hasn't once congradulated me but keeps saying how brave I am to have another baby!!
God knows what goes through peoples heads sometimes lol

the bumbo seats are fab :) i loved mine (well not mine i didnt sit in it my sons) lol its just another position that you baby gets to be in :)

I hear ya!! My OH's best mate was just at the birth of his ex girlfriend's baby (very complicated, not his baby) anyways, seen him tonight, baby is now a few weeks old and he's telling me that I want a section cause that's the easiest option, and I should do this that and the next thing :shock: Apparently I was a little short with him! :oooo:

He told you you should have a section because its easiest??!!! :shock: how about he wind his neck in?! I think I would have dismantled his genitals for him! :eh: x

I haven't got a know it all friend but I think my best mates jelous! She keeps going on about how she's lost her drinking partner ( I never went out drinking with her anyway lol ) and says once the babies born we're going out drinking straight away... Yep cos I'm gonna wanna go out straight away!! She hasn't once congradulated me but keeps saying how brave I am to have another baby!!
God knows what goes through peoples heads sometimes lol

My other friend was a bit off at first, and she didn't congratulate me either but i think she is coming round now . . . .she's now planning my baby shower!

I have a friend that was telling me how bad heartburn I was going to get, sickness, tiredness, all things lk that. At first I felt a bit lk wow no love, but I left it and as it turns out so far I've had a much easier pregnancy than her, so theeere sistaaa!!!!!!

oMG if some bloke told me to have a c section, Id tell him to get castrated to save him getting sexually frustrated! :rofl: and suggest he has it done under an epidural not GA.

Oh dear, seems we all have a few! Well my best friend is really supportive and excited (she doesnt have children) but is trying to tell me which pushchair to buy and car seat and everything. I feel a bit overwhelmed by it and im thinking 'how do you know you havnt even got a child' Or am i just being mean? xx

I've got about four friends all recommending that I 'push' for a c-section! I hate the thought of having one and will only consider this if the baby gets in trouble. They all had one and apparently it was the best thing they have ever done!!!
They are also telling me (not advising) that I do certain things, only buy certain brands, and do what they are doing. I'm just trying to be firm but polite with them and say I'll deal with things in my own way...xx

gosh Im surprised they said that! C-section is certainly not the easy option for recovery!! I feel quite sad for them in a way, Im so excited at the thought of giving birth to my son, if I need a c-section for safety then of course Ill have it, but Ill feel a bit gutted still!

gosh Im surprised they said that! C-section is certainly not the easy option for recovery!! I feel quite sad for them in a way, Im so excited at the thought of giving birth to my son, if I need a c-section for safety then of course Ill have it, but Ill feel a bit gutted still!

that's exactly how I feel! The recovery of a c-section just does not appeal! I'm a little chubby too so am worried about getting an infection or something... some people are just weird! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back