want to make new friends!!

sasha715

Reaction score
:( im 21 in august and have been with my partner almost a year. we went to school together when we were 11 and i moved away a year later to kent. i moved back to the north last year and we met up again and instantly knew we should have been together!

I moved to chilton in durham last july but spent most of my time in middlesbrough with some old frineds, now im 4 months pregnant and find it hard to get the money or time to travel backwards and forwards to middlesbrough without staying over. I found the first few months of my pregnancy really lonely as i had miscarried only the month before this one and wanted to be extra careful. i have a partner but he works long hours 4 days a week and the days he has off are spent preparing the house or shopping for new stuff for me as clothes and underwear only seem to fit me for a week or two!!!

i'd really like to make some friends even if its just to tlk to over the net its just nice to compare aches n pains ect. ive been searching the internet all morning trying to find advise on how to cope without friends during pregnancy and it seems to be the one thing that every one forgot, in my opinion being pregnant is kind of isolating it feels like all of my friends have written me off as not being allowed out before the babys even here. let me know if you think this is a problem for you or not.
thanks xxx

Hi Sasha! I too find it difficult to get out and around, especially as I grow larger and my aches and pains make it less possible for me to be as active as I used to be. There are things I just can't do any longer, for my safety and that of the baby, and it does make me feel quite isolated and lonely.

I enjoy this site, to make posts or even just to read what others are going through. I find great comfort knowing that others have the same concerns and problems as I do.

hi im tracey... its must be hard having noone around through pregnancy.. im new to all this forum thing.. ive been browswing through and read your forum... i must admit i have quite a few mates who are there when i need them... but being there not pregnant it still seems like you are on your own...someone to talk about how your feeling and the way your bumps starting to expand.. although they listene and their been there before,you find you might be going on and on... so i dont mind talking on here.. always nice to make new friends... :D

Hello there
I'm sorry you seem to be feeling a bit isolated. I can relate to that. I live far from all my friends and family and to make it worse my DH works away and only gets to come home about once a month for a few days at a time. :cry:
I do find it lonely at times but I get so excited when he comes home and he can see how much bigger the bump is getting!
My friends too seem to have sloped off a bit, but to be honest I'm so tired most of the time it doesn't bother me too much just staying in at night time after a hard days work!
I hope to chat to you more over the next few months, keep ya chin up! 8)

:D hi
i am 20 been with my partner for 5 years and 31 weeks pregnant!
i too find it lonely and would like to chat to other pregnant women. i am expecting my little girl in just over 8 weeks and can`t wait. all of my friends are young and out enjoying themselves. my partner also works a shift and as i am still working we seem to just meet up just before bedtime. i bet your partner notices your growing mine does. as he doesn`t have time to inspect it every day.

It must be really tough not having friends around. I am from N/east and moved to London when my first baby was born. I was only 17 at the time and old friends simply had different things going on. I found the first six months desperately lonely.

One suggestion, would you consider a part time job? This would enable you to meet new people even if it was for a few hours a week.And it would give you extra cash. Or you could even do something voluntary.

Im now expecting my third child and living in Miami, I don't know a soul so its pretty tough especially as Im not even in the same country as friends and family. But I must admit I deal with this much better than I did when I was having my first. I read alot.

Do you have any neighbours who are friendly?

I hope you make some new friends soon.
Best wishes

wow miami! now i wouldnt be moaning if i lived there!! most of my neighbors are about my age and most have got kids (think it must be a hotspot for dss) but they are all pretty immature. all the kids run inbetween the houses and i can never work out which one belongs to whom! ive always been a bit old for my age and have always seemed to have more in common with older people but living in a little village like this they r either 19 or 85!! ive just signed up for aquanatel so that should help. how did you go about moving to miami?? did u have to get a visa? me and aaron always say that we would love to move away some where that warm most of the year

Hiya,

I'm 27 and i'm 14 weeks pregnant, i found out 4 weeks before i emigrated to Australia, i've had really bad morning sickness and other problems during my pregnancy so far and have found it hard to get out and about, i'm finding it really lonely as my boyfriend is working all day then revising all evening and when he finishes his training in 6 weeks he'll be working shifts, at the moment i just want to go home and have my family around me but he says thats not an option for him, i'm not sure if he's saying this to get me to stay a bit longer and see if i settle down as he is over the moon about baby.

I was going to get a job when we got here but the 1st 3 weeks were hectic trying to sort everything out and then 3 weeks ago i started bleeding really heavy and was told to take it easy, everything is progressing well and the bleeding has now stopped and i'm going to an employment agency on 27/4 to see if they've got any short term jobs which are not too stressful, i've also got my 1st antenatal on 27/4 so hopefully the midwife will be able to tell me where i can meet other expecting mums.

manda x

hi everyone, well its nice to see im not the only one! at least now we can all rest knowing full well we arent just crazy with hormones but we are actualy lonely! :lol: there seems to be alot of women who fall pregnant after they move away from home......maybe we should find new things to do eh!! :wink:
ive recently joined sure start (a goverment funded org) which is for any age mums dads and children up to 18. they do a range of activities and even education courses and its all free!! i was supposed to be going to college this year but the baby is due on my start date. sure start have arranged a part time child care course for me at no cost. and im goin to aquanatel tomorrow and getting picked up on a free bus too! should be able to make some mummy friends there.
hope your all ok luv sasha xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back