Know any good pregnancy books?

chocoholic

Reaction score
Hello!

I have just joined the forum and am pregnant for the first time in my life! Really excited, but got lots of questions! I have got an appointment with a midwife in 1 and a 1/2 weeks, but I want to get a bit clued up and was wondering if you can recommend any good, easy to read pregnancy books??

Thanks!

Conception, pregnancy and birth by Miriam Stoppard.
What to expect when your expecting.

x

Ive also got What to expect when you're expecting and it covers pretty much everything. I was also given The best friends guide to pregnancy by Vicki Iovine and My bump and me by Myleene Class and found them both very easy to read and bits in them are useful.

Kaz Cooke's 'Pregnancy and Childbirth', its like a diary of her week by week experiences, its funny as well as informative, and shows you the babie's size each week and how she copes with everything that life throws at us! One of the better ones, in my opinion.

I've got 'Your Pregnancy Bible' by Dr Anne Deans. I found it a fab book and referred to it if I needed to know something. My husband bought it on Ebay.

Congrats!!! Its my first time as well.. so many questions!!

I bought Pregnancy, The inside Guide by Pro Robert Winston & Conception, Pregnancy & Child birth by Miriam Stoppard

x

You'll get a free one from your midwife. Think you get it at your first scan? Can't remember :think: I got free marmite and free washing tablets too :D

The best friends guide to pregnancy by Vicki Iovine

I bought this book in a charity shop. Found it reassuring, easy to read and interesting. I personally found it actually covered more stuff then my official pregnancy book in more detail. It made me laugh as well, what more do you need?!

The pregnancy Bible is a fantastic book.........very informative with lots of photos, and I particularly haved loved the week by week development so you can see what is happening to your growing baby! Its a big book and fully illustrated, with absolutely everything you could ever want to know - cant recommend this one more highly!

The other one I have really enjoyed is:

Caz Cooke - The Rough Guide to pregnancy, its absolutely hilarious and has a much more humoured view of pregnancy, which is just what you need sometimes!

I have 'The Pregnancy Bible' too - someone from here recommended it to me when I found out I was pregnant - it's fantastic. I agree with the others, the week by week development is fab. I read that bit each week out loud to my other half - it's now a ritual!

I got it from ebay as it was cheaper than Amazon etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back