Knitting project

Tracey M

Reaction score
Hi Girls

Well, last pregnancy I knitted a blanket for my son and he still uses it today and he's 4. I cant knit for toffee but I can manage squares so i got myself some lovely bright coloured wool, some knitting needles and I just made about 40 squares and then stitched them all together than made fringes - it actually looked fab and it kept me busy when pregnant.

I'm just back from visiting my friend in Blackpool and was at her wee girl's Christening and she had the most adorable blanket in her moses basket. I asked and she said was knitted by her mum. I asked her and she used "pom pom" wool so I've just gone and ordered off ebay and the lovely lady is giving me the 3 balls of wool, needles and a pattern for £12 so wish me luck!! - I WILL need it I cant even remember how to cast on and off !!! :shakehead:

Anyone else got any projects in mind?

Last edited:
i love knitting and have done a few jumpers and stuff

but....

I really want to learn to crochet. i'm really bad at it though :( lol

How Strange!!! i was standing in front of Knitting needles and wool today as i thought about trying to knit baby a blanket, with all bright colours!!! but i thought i will get it next week!! i might actually go back and get it as i get so bored and my nan would be proud of me :) hehe.. as she normally does the knitting for babies!! :) xx

I just completed a blanket in pompon wool for my friends new baby girl. I only used 2 balls of wool and 46 stitches and the blanket was def big enough. It's really easy knit up. One piece of advice - try not to let stitches drop cos it's nightmare to try and get them picked up again. Happy knitting. xxx

Today i started on wee cardy for my sister's baby which is due at start of March.

As a said in previous posting I'm hoping that after all my wee projects are completed I'll be able to start knitting for my own "special delivery" :dust::dust::dust:

Thats a great idea Tracey - things like that are priceless :)

I could do squares but not tie them off at the end... plus i got beginners needles which was like knitting with tree trucks :roll:

You got a pic of the one you kitted for your son? Just out of interest :)

Hey Louise....miss you!!! Hope all ok with you? Ill take a piccie of blanket and post it on Thursday when back at work. Thanks girls for knitting tips I will have to you tube how to cast on and off....Im so bad at this but thats what will make it even more special.....i hope lol

Hi Tracey

I'm dong a whinnie the pooh cross stitch for the nursery. I've been doing it for ages in between others that I've done for friends that have got married\had babies, so I decided this one once finished would be for me!!!!

I also spoke to my mum last Sunday about knitting as she's brilliant and I fancied having a go, used to do it when I was little but can't remember anything. So she has bought me a few bits to get me started so can't wait for them to arrive so I can have a go!!!

am in the middle of a patchwork blanket for my sister in law.

Then I'll be starting on things for my little pickle. I found the best place for needles etc is charity shops, and the old dears in them tend to light up when people ask them about knitting!

i love knitting :)

so far for this 1 i have done a blanket 2 hats 2 cardigans a set of mittens and im just about to start a dress :

Im impressed!! I would have no clue what the HELL to do with a pattern....lol

Oh Tracy I wish I could knit, I'd love to do something like that x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back